Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed data import - New tivo setup

Failed data import - New tivo setup

Was doing my third tivo setup in as many months [dont ask] .. here's a new one... ...see attached capture... Failed while preparing data (at the import stage) during the setup call.

The download of data goes fine. Tried the oz emulator... it loaded down the data and imported and indexed fine. Do we have an issue with the slice at present?
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

The slice is fine (I think) as my other tivo downloaded it fine at 1:10am via loadguide.

Normally you'd fix it by removing the slice files from /var/hack/guide and re-running loadguide. But I'm not sure with the emulator as it doesn't put any of those files in that directory.

Were you connecting over a turbonet card or via dialup?

Turbonet. Config is good; been running for months.

Acutally in thinking about it the programme data isn't loaded till later in the GS so this could be a headend thing...
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

Ignore my last comment. Must be a problem with the current slice on the emulator?

Setup the tivo manually (channels etc) and tried to use the emulator to pull down the guide data -- same problem (see attached).

Then used loadguide to pull down and load the current slice -- that worked fine.

Not sure if related, but I had a hole appear in data for Saturday night which had previously been populated.
    For example, Smallville had a season pass with a recording appearing in the todo list. After latest load of guide, the Smallville todo was deleted with reason that it no longer appears in the guide data.

This using the Sky or Saturn zipcode? Also, was this a clean image, or some sort of clear/delete all or rerun guided setup?

Hi Ed,

This was a standard update of Sky Digital data Saturday morning, presumably of the emulators Friday slice.

Had previously been showing the Saturday evening shows but following that update lost about three hours of Saturday evening on Channel 2 I think it was. The Smallville recording showed up in the Recording history with a not recorded reason of "deleted from guide data". Very weird.

I was thinking of writing a little TCL scipt to look for and notify back gaps in the data if that would help.

Heh, whoops, should addressed that... I'm looking for info on DJC's setup, since he seems to be having all sorts of trouble getting stuff to download at all. I wouldn't be too surprised if there's some data anomoly in the guide data slice, but that's something that Jaidev would have to dig into, other than delivery I don't have much control over data slices. The headends are all mine though, and this seems like it could be a headend issue. Or some sort of rouge data on DJCs box.

The script sounds like a good idea, might help ID when there's a problem a bit earlier than when somebody notices missing data...

It was a clean image, sky digital, zip 02113, a/code 002. [well at least should have been]

Blew image back into hard disk (again) ... went through the process tonight, no problems this time..!!

(Cheers Ed.)

Heh. TiVos are like cats. Sometimes they decide they have their own ideas and they're stickin' with 'em come hell or highwater...