Thread: Why are my Tivo suggestions not suggesting?

Why are my Tivo suggestions not suggesting?

Just recently.. 3 weeks now, I have been monitoring my Tivo suggestions list, and it just says,
    Your Tivo recorder is new, rate programs by pressing Thumbs buttons...etc etc"
    And I have checked that Tivo suggestions are on, and I have about 10hours recording time left, my standard season passes work fine, I have gone through and "Thumbed" the shows I like and the shows I dont, and the Tivo seems to be working fine other than this one problem.
    Can someone tell me if there is a cron job or some other mechanism I can check to see if the suggestions are actually being picked?.. I believe they are done after the guide data is loaded????
    Or IS there some other thing that I can check?

Anyway, help!

Cheers, Spook8000
    Last edited by spook8000; 08-09-2004 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Editing required

There is an option in TiVoweb, but I don't know what it is to see what suggested categories you have chosen. Maybe someone can help me out here as I don't have a network card in my TiVo and will not be able to do a daily call without moving my PC, which I did yesterday and before seeing this post :P
    Ex Tivo Owner.
    Philips Tivo
    Version 1.3 Emulator Image from Minnie
    200Gig Western Digital HDD
    No Turbonet or Cachecard
    Slices: Cable Digital FTA

i don't know if this helps, but after voting on a few shows i noticed tivo was only recording simpsons even though i thumb up'd a few other shows. i noticed that i had three thumbs on simpsons so i reduced it to two thumbs and now my tivo is recording suggestions from other catagories so my solution is to not give any shows three thumbs.

you could also check what tivo has planned to record in the normal tivo menu.. pick programs to record > tivo suggestions or to do list ( can't remember which )

HTH
    its not that im lazy, its that i just dont care

I don't know for sure how it works but it seems like after a reboot it takes a while for the suggestions to be there. Sometimes with only 3 or 4 days of data I get a list of 4 or 5 and others 20 or 30 suggestions. I was going to try a "force_index30.tcl" next time to see if it makes the list after an index.