Thread: 62 EPG to 63 & 63 to 64 Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

62 EPG to 63 & 63 to 64 Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast

Hope I'm posting in the correct area, seems very quite here :-).

I understand that the 7two SD service is now discontinued in Toowoomba and Sunshine Coast. (The story below says regional Qld, but I don't know about others specifically)
    Request please in summary:
    Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast
    62 EPG move to 63.
    63 EPG move to 64.

Okay, the story:
    Details online are scant, but this is what I have experienced.
    when I select 62 our 7two I get the message
    "7two
    now on Channel 63 in HD
    You may need to re-scan your TV"

On Tivo 62 still shows the EPG for 7two, but when I play or record something it shows the above message continually.
    I re-scanned channels, but it's not fully fixed, still showing the wrong on 62, 63 and 64 EPG on Tivo.

I noticed that when I play 63 (which was 7Mate) it now has the new 7twoHD logo. When I tried it, the item playing is actually what is listed on the 62 EPG and it's EPG is incorrect.

Thus the EPG from 62 needs to go to 63, now 7twoHD
    and 63 EPG should be moved to 64, which is now 7mateHD

"Launching last week, 7TwoHD is currently being broadcast in the Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba markets on channel 63, and in other Seven Queensland regional markets on channel 73.

The change means free-to-air viewers in the regional Queensland market now have access to three high definition channels from the Seven Network. Viewers will require a Mpeg-4 capable television to receive the improved broadcast signal."

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2022/...gh-definition/

For Toowoomba:
    Channel 63 TWBA/571.5MHz/7twoHD Toowoomba,TWBA/571.625MHz/7twoHD Toowoomba,TWBA/627.5MHz/7twoHD Toowoomba,TWBA/627.625MHz/7twoHD Toowoomba
    Channel 64 TWBA/571.5MHz/7mateHD Toowoomba,TWBA/571.625MHz/7mateHD Toowoomba,TWBA/627.5MHz/7mateHD Toowoomba,TWBA/627.625MHz/7mateHD Toowoomba
    Last edited by whatdoyaknow; 27-06-2022 at 09:41 AM.

For people in/near Toowoomba, have a look at the EPG data for July 8th (onwards) once it is available in a day or two.
    I am hoping that 63 will have the EPG data for 7TWO shows (with 7mate shows until July 7th) and 62 will have no EPG data (with 7TWO shows until July 7th).
    Please let me know if that matches what you see (and whether it is an improvement), or if you see something different or no difference from before July 8th.
    If there is currently (or was recently) EPG data on 64, then let me know what channel that EPG data looks like. I expect there is no EPG data on 64 now, in which case you are out of luck about getting EPG data on 64 in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by whatdoyaknow View Post
    Hope I'm posting in the correct area, seems very quite here :-).

I understand that the 7two SD service is now discontinued in Toowoomba and Sunshine Coast. (The story below says regional Qld, but I don't know about others specifically)
    Request please in summary:
    Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast
    62 EPG move to 63.
    63 EPG move to 64.

Okay, the story:
    Details online are scant, but this is what I have experienced.
    when I select 62 our 7two I get the message
    "7two
    now on Channel 63 in HD
    You may need to re-scan your TV"

On Tivo 62 still shows the EPG for 7two, but when I play or record something it shows the above message continually.
    I re-scanned channels, but it's not fully fixed, still showing the wrong on 62, 63 and 64 EPG on Tivo.

I noticed that when I play 63 (which was 7Mate) it now has the new 7twoHD logo. When I tried it, the item playing is actually what is listed on the 62 EPG and it's EPG is incorrect.

Thus the EPG from 62 needs to go to 63, now 7twoHD
    and 63 EPG should be moved to 64, which is now 7mateHD

"Launching last week, 7TwoHD is currently being broadcast in the Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba markets on channel 63, and in other Seven Queensland regional markets on channel 73.

The change means free-to-air viewers in the regional Queensland market now have access to three high definition channels from the Seven Network. Viewers will require a Mpeg-4 capable television to receive the improved broadcast signal."

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2022/...gh-definition/

For Toowoomba:
    Channel 63 TWBA/571.5MHz/7twoHD Toowoomba,TWBA/571.625MHz/7twoHD Toowoomba,TWBA/627.5MHz/7twoHD Toowoomba,TWBA/627.625MHz/7twoHD Toowoomba
    Channel 64 TWBA/571.5MHz/7mateHD Toowoomba,TWBA/571.625MHz/7mateHD Toowoomba,TWBA/627.5MHz/7mateHD Toowoomba,TWBA/627.625MHz/7mateHD Toowoomba

Hi David,
    Thanks for your help!!

Checked again this morning and no change yet.
    I connected, updated EPG, and also channels info & rebooted for good measure (both my Tivos), but still showing the wrong EPG data on 63 (now 7Two).

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by whatdoyaknow; 18-07-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Would you believe... Toowoomba EPG data should be rejigged for August 4th onwards. (So August 4th instead of July 8th I wrote in my previous message.)
    That means Toowoomba (from August 4th) should expect 63 EPG to have 7TWO, 62 EPG to have nothing and 64 EPG to be unchanged (probably nothing).
    Toowoomba TiVo users should be able to see that rejigged guide data on their TiVos from about August 1 (if you look forward to August 4).

Ok, many thanks David.
    I'll check again in a couple of days.
    Cheers ...

Hey David, all good now.
    Many thanks for your help as always.
    Cheers ...