Thread: Problems connecting to the Tivo service

Problems connecting to the Tivo service

Hi every one,

I hope someone here could help me. I got a Tivo few years back, and I had someone to put the chip on it when they stop the services. It has been working fine since then but now I don't have the tv guide any more so I can't record any programs.

I tried to connect to the Tivo service but I get the error message N17, 'Failed while negotiating'.

I have tried restarting the Tivo and switching off the modem but still the same result. It indicates that the last successful connection was on Mon 3/1. And the signal is excellent 90 %

Is the Tivo service completely gone now or is it my unit the one with the problem?

Any suggestions will be very appreciated. Thank you

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Lumaro View Post
    Hi every one,

I hope someone here could help me. I got a Tivo few years back, and I had someone to put the chip on it when they stop the services. It has been working fine since then but now I don't have the tv guide any more so I can't record any programs.

I tried to connect to the Tivo service but I get the error message N17, 'Failed while negotiating'.

I have tried restarting the Tivo and switching off the modem but still the same result. It indicates that the last successful connection was on Mon 3/1. And the signal is excellent 90 %

Is the Tivo service completely gone now or is it my unit the one with the problem?

Any suggestions will be very appreciated. Thank you
    Sorry I forgot to mention that I am in New Zealand.

Can't help but just to let you know it seems ok in Australia. Hopefully someone can advise.

Mine ocassionlly behaves like you describe and I have to beat it with multiple restarts, resets and pushs until it submits and agrees to start working again.

Hahaha Looks like mine is very stubborn, I have tried that multiple times too but no luck :-)

And I guess if in Australia is still going must be the same here, I will keep trying and see what it happens.

Thank you very much for the info, have a great day.