Thread: NZ TV in Australia

NZ Tivo in Australia

Hi all, I am moving to Brizzie next year from NZ. Just wondering if I can use my re-chipped Tivo there, and will I lose recordings etc? I imagine I will need to reset it and select location as AUS?

Is it worth taking it?
    Last edited by Doni74; 20-12-2021 at 06:35 AM.

Yes, it is worth doing for the simple reason that selecting the good and saving it is far, far better than watching the endless sweetfaced crap that is Aussie TV.
    You do not lose all your stuff when you run Aus Setup (area code 4000 for Brisbane) My 2TB unit has 450 Antique roadshows on it (sorry bout that)
    You only lose stuff if you do a clear and delete everything.
    There are 125 channels including radio, favourites are one screen.
    I have the WINMFS and USB adaptor if you run into problems. So do it
    I am at Caboolture, only 49 minutes by train

Owen B

Thanks for that. Glad to hear I can keep my recordings.

PS: When last did you watch NZ TV? It has become really really bad over the last few years. Maybe now on par with Aussie TV too?

Just moved start August, agree NZ TV poor. I do not watch ANY live TV. All recorded then use the ad-jumping button. Just watching the Ashes in fast forward,
    the Brits are scoring that slowly it's like slow motion... tee hee. After fibre internet over there you are in for a shock! 50MB/sec for $69.99 I just use my phone
    hotspot get about 30MB. I used to get max fibre in Christchurch
    Send me a private msg when you get here and we can swap phone nos. Happy to assist, retired, nothing to do.....sigh

Owen B

Thanks for that. I may well need to get hold of you. I work with a guy here in NZ who has been my goto Tivo person for years. Nice to know that there are a few in Aus too.