Thread: WIN & SCA swapping 9 & 10 related channels - July 2021

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WIN & SCA swapping 9 & 10 related channels - July 2021

On 1 July 2021, there was swapping of TV channels in a number of areas, with WIN (re)gaining 9 network channels and SCA (re)gaining 10 network channels. There may be similar channel swaps in other areas that don't have WIN & SCA as broadcasters.

So far I have heard from TiVo users in a few of those areas and worked out that swapping the guide data seems to help (so that the guide data from OzTiVo matches what is being displayed on the broadcast, although the channel name and logo don't match).

The way this usually works is that after I hear/see a particular area has this channel swapping issue and that the channels swapped seem pretty much consistent with other areas, that is:
    Broadcast channel -> TiVo station
    9 -> 10
    9Go -> 10 Bold (ONE)
    9Gem -> 10 Peach (ELEVEN)
    10 -> 9
    10 Bold -> 9Gem
    10 Peach -> 9Go
    then I swap which channels the guide data goes into for future guide data which has not yet been loaded (about 4 days into the future).

Here is a list of where & when I have done these channel swaps so far:

Cairns - July 10
    Hobart - July 16 / 23
    Launceston - July 17 / 23
    South East SA - July 19 / 23
    Canberra - July 17 / 22
    Orange - July 17 / 22
    Wollongong - July 23
    Bendigo - July 29 - updated Nov 3
    Ballarat - Aug 2 - updated Nov 7
    Toowoomba - August 18
    Regional WA - Sept 27
    Wide Bay & Sunshine Coast? (partial?) - Oct 3

I think/hope that Canberra is also used for South Coast NSW, but waiting for some feedback on that.

I expect (subject to confirmation from people in the areas where these oztivo channel swaps have happened) that old season passes on the swapped channels will stop working (because they won't see any matching shows on the channel where it used to be) but that you could recreate season passes for the new channels (after your tivo sees the swapped guide data) and those new season passes would work.

Call to Action:

If you are in an area where channels swapped on 1 July 2021 which is not in the list above, please post a reply on this thread saying what your area is (preferably a biggish town that gets the same TV broadcasts you do & state) and whether the channel swaps look the same for your areas as the swaps I have seen before - or if not then a list of the name your TiVo gives to the channel, what it looks like the EPG has and what is showing on air (no need to include information about the local channel number or logo). Or if you can't post here then find some other way to contact me. (I'm not going to give my email address here, because spammers.)

Then please give some feedback after you have been seeing the swapped guide data (maybe a week or so after your original post) on whether it has helped, any gotchas or tips for people in other areas so they know what to expect.
    Last edited by DavidKeegel; 02-11-2021 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Wollongong, Bendigo, Ballarat, Toowomba, Regional WA added