Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 7 Mate HD (74) and 10 Bold (12) Missing Guide Data in SA

"More annoyingly channel 32 SBS World Movies has vanished completely and can't even be recorded manually.

cheers

Dennis"

I just noticed your post. So if you haven't figured it out already; World movies needs to be selected in your channel list. Mine disappears all the time whenever the Tivo does a reset or hard reset. So I have to go into the list give it a cheque mark and a like and it generally stays until the next reset it. I keep an eye on it when it drops out I just pop back in and re select it.
    Last edited by Tigm; 22-12-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    I can't add new channels into the OzTiVo headend. I have some rough instructions from a few years ago which are supposed to say how to do it, but there are missing pieces that I don't know where to find, and bits I am not sure about. We also don't have a working test environment so if I try changing things to experiment, I could break guide data for everyone in Australia.

If you want to move guide data from one channel which has guide data to another channel which already has guide data, I can help with that in the way I dealt with SCA and WIN swapping channels in 2021 (the channel names & logos will be wrong). But for a channel which currently has no guide data, then you are out of luck unless someone magically finds a solution for a problem I haven't been able to solve in the last 3 years or so.
    Hi David, thanks for the response. In Brisbane, regarding no EPG on 74 (7Mate), 75 (7Bravo), and 96 (9Rush), it seems to have broken since a lineup change.

For example 73(7Mate) became 74 (7Mate HD Brisbane). I suspect then that it may be an easy fix. 73 is still there and the EPG is working on that channel, however its just a still picture telling us to use 74.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigm View Post
    More annoyingly channel 32 SBS World Movies has vanished completely and can't even be recorded manually.
    I have this channel but no EPG for this one either here in Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by Doni74 View Post
    I have this channel but no EPG for this one either here in Brisbane
    WorldMovies has always needed recording manually. EPG has never been available.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    I have some rough instructions from a few years ago which are supposed to say how to do it, but there are missing pieces that I don't know where to find, and bits I am not sure about. We also don't have a working test environment so if I try changing things to experiment, I could break guide data for everyone in Australia.
    Hi David, would you mind sharing those instructions? I would like to get my head around how the whole environment fits together. The twiki is very vague. I could possibly assist with putting together a test environment on my own server for you to use if required.
    Last edited by Doni74; 27-12-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. With 7 Mate changing from 73 to 74 in Melbourne,I no longer have any guide info.
    I suppose I'll have to find a TV guide and work out a manual fix.
    Cheers.

Unfortunately it seems the guide is no longer being maintained, its a bit of a shame considering all the hard work that was put into the new mods a few years ago. The tivos without the guide info are essentially just bricks and I can only expect it to get worse over the next few months with even more guide changes on their way.

I'm currently looking at purchasing a Fetch TV Mighty, anybody used one of these before? Another option which looks good is the hdhomerun.

Yes I have noticed the same problem.
    Now something else has turned up. My TiVo's have stopped recording shows like the 6pm news, it says on the "to do list" it's not recorded is because it is a repeat! I have the record set for first runs in the "season pass mangr" and has been fine up till today. I have now changed to "all" and I will see what happens tomorrow.

I have a Mighty Fetch it's not bad but compared to the TiVo it fails. It will record several channels but you can not flip between them as the two channels recording on the TiVo. I hire mine through Optus as a package. I have been doing that for some time but the box has been replaced 3 times after failing. Then you loose all you recordings and have to reprogram all the shows you want to record again.

I thought the fetch was good? I am currently playing around with Jellyfin DVR and the built in m3u tuner (which just records the internet streams). Its working pretty well to be honest, the only real issue I have had so far is that it does not work for any live sport (this is never streamed but transmitted over freeview UHF only).

The main issue with this setup is that it needs a dedicated PC setup to run it. The client can be anything really as the jellyfin client app can be installed on nearly anything. I am currently running it off an xiaomi android box.

Jellyfin is also compatible with the HDHomerun which will solve the recording of sports problem, but so far I have not needed it and if I am watching any of the live sport I just do it the old fashioned way and watch directly on freeview uhf.