Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 7 Mate HD (74) and 10 Bold (12) Missing Guide Data in SA

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    Check the guide data in Wollongong from July 23.
    Sorry I can't change logos.
    Hi David, I've checked our tivo today and posted a reply in your new thread. Thanks

Hi David,

It took some time and a few guide updates but I can confirm that 52 & 53 for Orange are now showing the correct EPG data.

But, 81 & 82 are swapped. I thought they were correct, but I was mistaken. Would you be able to swap these at your convenience please?

Also channel 32 SBS World Movies and 60 Prime 7 HD are totally missing EPG data. Channel 60 is just the HD version of 6 so could 'simply' be copied from 6 but I can live without that change. Thanks for your help. Glenn.
    Last edited by Woodg; 26-07-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodg View Post
    Hi David,

It took some time and a few guide updates but I can confirm that 52 & 53 for Orange are now showing the correct EPG data.

But, 81 & 82 are swapped. I thought they were correct, but I was mistaken. Would you be able to swap these at your convenience please?

Also channel 32 SBS World Movies and 60 Prime 7 HD are totally missing EPG data. Channel 60 is just the HD version of 6 so could 'simply' be copied from 6 but I can live without that change. Thanks for your help. Glenn.
    81 & 82 for Canberra and Dubbo/Orange should be swapped as of July 28. You should already be able to see this guide data if you scroll through the guide info on your TiVo and look at the future.

Sorry I can't help with 32 & 60, I haven't been able to put guide data on channels which were added in the past few years. So in Melbourne (where I am) there is no guide data for 32 (SBS World Movies) or 12 (10 Bold), 13 (10 Shake), 74 (7mateHD), 93 (9Go duplicate), 95 (9Gem duplicate), 96 (9Rush). If fixing it was a simple matter of copying then I would fix it first in Melbourne (where I can test/verify it myself) and then in other places.

The only case where I have had success adding guide data to channels that didn't have it in recent years was when I had someone with previous TiVo experience move into a regional SA area where we hadn't heard from anyone before, and he could login to his TiVo and send me the output of running /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl which gave me some numbers I needed to match up channels. That process didn't end up with guide data for all the channels, but did get most (maybe all) of the channels that existed in 2017 (similar to other places).

Hi David, something weird has happened. Channels 52 & 53 guide data has now swapped back. It was ok for a few days, but seems to have changed overnight. They were absolutely correct yesterday. Any ideas? And 81 & 82 are still incorrect. Thanks, Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodg View Post
    Hi David, something weird has happened. Channels 52 & 53 guide data has now swapped back. It was ok for a few days, but seems to have changed overnight. They were absolutely correct yesterday. Any ideas? And 81 & 82 are still incorrect. Thanks, Glenn.
    I changed TiVo station 9Gem so that instead of having guide data for 10 Peach (until 27 July) it has guide data for 10 Bold (from 28 July); and similarly changed TiVo station 9Go so instead of guide data for 10 Bold it has guide data for 10 Peach. I thought this would fix your report that channels 81 & 82 were swapped, but it sounds like I created a new problem instead.

I don't really want to risk mis-interpreting the problem again, especially when there is a lag of a few days between when I change something and when it appears as current guide data. So can I get a more detailed description of what you see (preferably what TiVo calls the channel, what is airing on that channel, and which channel the guide data looks like) and what guide data you want to see in that channel, for each of the WIN & SCA channels.

Hi David,

Thanks for helping. I left responding for a few days as I wanted to ensure I had the latest guide data.

Hope the information below is of assistance.

Channels in Orange, NSW, 2800

Channel 52 is 10 Peach and the TiVo Guide shows data for 10 Bold and what is being aired is 10 Peach shows (i.e. TiVo Guide data is incorrect)

Channel 53 is 10 Bold and the TiVo Guide shows data for 10 Peach and what is being aired is 10 Bold shows (i.e. TiVo Guide data is incorrect)

Channel 81 is 9Gem and the TiVo Guide shows data for 9Go! and what is being aired is 9Gem shows (i.e. TiVo Guide data is incorrect)

Channel 82 is 9Go! and the TiVo Guide shows data for 9Gem and what is being aired is 9Go! shows (i.e. TiVo Guide data is incorrect)

The channel numbers above are what is displayed on the TiVo Guide (of course, with incorrect logos but we have to live with that).

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Orange (and Canberra) 9Gem and 9Go should be fixed from Aug 3 (after daily connection).
    If that works, I can do the same sort of swap for 10 Bold and 10 Peach in a day or two.

Hi David,

9Gem and 9Go are now correct. But 10Bold and 10Peach are now also correct, too. As far as I can tell, all 4 channels are ok.

Thanks for your help. Glenn.

I ended up swapping 10Bold & 10Peach for Canberra & Orange the next day (so it was visible today, Aug 4).
    Thanks for confirming.

Thanks. In particular, my 85 year old mother thanks you. She can handle the TiVo. I'd hate to have to teach her how to use a Fetch. Those Fetch designers could learn a thing or two about design from TiVo.