Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Mate HD (74) and 10 Bold (12) Missing Guide Data in SA

Google gave me this. Covers Far Sth Coast NSW. Is it sufficient?

Southern Cross Austereo Channels from July 1st
    Channel Name Channel Number
    Channel 10 5
    Channel 10 HD 50
    10 Bold 52
    10 Peach 53
    10 Shake 54
    Sky Regional (Commences Aug 1st) 56

And

Nine regional channels on WIN from July 1st
    Channel Name Channel Number Format
    Channel 9 8
    Channel 9 HD 80 Mpeg4
    9Gem 81
    9Go! 82
    9Life (Commences Aug 1st) 83 Mpeg4
    TVSN 84 Mpeg4
    Gold 85 Mpeg4
    Last edited by Tigm; 12-07-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBones View Post
    So here in Hobart, the current changes have taken place since channel 10's updates -

Channel 5
    EPG - Nine
    Logo - 10
    Airs channel - 10

Channel 50
    EPG - 9HD
    Logo - Nil
    Airs channel - 10

Channel 52
    EPG - 9GEM
    Logo - ONE HD
    Airs channel 10 Peach

Channel 53
    EPG - 9Go
    Airs channel - 10 Bold

Sounds similar to the issue in Carins

Mike
    The information about "EPG" and "Airs channel" is very useful to me. It does sound similar to Cairns.

I have started swapping stations for Hobart. I think I did retro-fitting of guide data for July 13 & 14 and maybe July 15 before server daily processing. From July 17's guide data the swapping should happen automatically (touch wood).

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    The information about "EPG" and "Airs channel" is very useful to me. It does sound similar to Cairns.

I have started swapping stations for Hobart. I think I did retro-fitting of guide data for July 13 & 14 and maybe July 15 before server daily processing. From July 17's guide data the swapping should happen automatically (touch wood).
    Great news David. Thanks for looking into it for us...

I've connected to the server today, hoping it would refresh things, but so far no updates. Will leave it a few days and check again.

Mike

Hi David,

I originally posted this in the Guide Data thread but see it is being discussed here (Thanks Tigm for pointing me here).

Hope this information helps you.

Here in regional NSW (and maybe other areas) Network Nine and Network 10 have swapped their affiliate regional stations. Ten shows were on the regional WIN Network on channels 5* and Nine shows were on the regional Southern Cross network on the 8* channels. They have (as of July 1) swapped. (This takes them back to how they were 5 years ago before Nine got greedy and dropped WIN as an affiliate.)

As per wintv.com.au, for Network Nine shows:

Channel 9 (standard definition) on channel 8
    9HD (high definition) on channel 80
    9Gem on channel 81
    9Go! on channel 82
    Sky News on WIN will continue on channel 83 until 9Life commences on that channel on August 1. TVSN on channel 84 and GOLD on channel 85 continue without change.

And for Network 10:

Channel 10 (standard definition) on channel 5
    10HD (high definition) on channel 50
    10Peach on channel 52
    10Bold on channel 53
    10Shake on channel 54 (although this is a totally new channel for regional areas)

What can we do to get the guide updated/corrected?

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Woodg View Post
    Hi David,

I originally posted this in the Guide Data thread but see it is being discussed here (Thanks Tigm for pointing me here).

Hope this information helps you.

Here in regional NSW (and maybe other areas) Network Nine and Network 10 have swapped their affiliate regional stations. Ten shows were on the regional WIN Network on channels 5* and Nine shows were on the regional Southern Cross network on the 8* channels. They have (as of July 1) swapped. (This takes them back to how they were 5 years ago before Nine got greedy and dropped WIN as an affiliate.)

As per wintv.com.au, for Network Nine shows:

Channel 9 (standard definition) on channel 8
    9HD (high definition) on channel 80
    9Gem on channel 81
    9Go! on channel 82
    Sky News on WIN will continue on channel 83 until 9Life commences on that channel on August 1. TVSN on channel 84 and GOLD on channel 85 continue without change.

And for Network 10:

Channel 10 (standard definition) on channel 5
    10HD (high definition) on channel 50
    10Peach on channel 52
    10Bold on channel 53
    10Shake on channel 54 (although this is a totally new channel for regional areas)

What can we do to get the guide updated/corrected?

Glenn
    In other regions, for example Cairns and Hobart people are reporting these channel swaps:
    9 <-> 10
    9Gem <-> 10 Bold (ONE)
    9Go <-> 10 Peach (ELEVEN)

and I have updated the way guide data flows for those particular regions to swap guide data for those channels.

I believe this means that in those regions your TiVo will have the wrong channel name and logo, but the guide data will match what is broadcast.
    I expect this also means that season passes on those channels will need to be re-created after the swap of guide data is visible on your TiVo (because from the TiVo's point of view the series is being broadcast on a different channel). At least that is better than having the season pass record the wrong channel (which I assume is what happens before I do a swap of guide data).

Anyway, the key thing I need to know is what TV region are you in and are you happy for me to do the channel swaps I mentioned above?
    TV regions in NSW are:
    Albury/Wodonga
    Broken Hill
    Central Coast
    Coffs Harbour
    Griffith
    Lismore
    Newcastle
    Orange/Dubbo
    South Coast
    Sydney
    Tamworth
    Taree/Port Macquarie
    Wagga Wagga
    Wollongong

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. I'm in Orange, NSW. Yes, the channel name and logo are wrong, but so is the guide data. The guide data doesn't match what is actually being broadcast on the channel.

Glenn

Same for South Coast NSW

I have done channel swaps for guide data as of
    Cairns - July 10
    Hobart - July 16
    Launceston - July 17
    South East SA - July 19
    Canberra - July 17
    Orange - July 17

You won't see July 17 or July 19 guide data on your TiVo until after your daily call on July 16.
    Last edited by DavidKeegel; 17-07-2021 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Update date for Cairns

Quote Originally Posted by Tigm View Post
    Same for South Coast NSW
    Do you have guide data in South Coast NSW? It turns out oztivo doesn't have guide data for the region called "South Coast". If you do get guide data, maybe it is coming from somewhere like Canberra or Albury.

Hi David, Canberra I would say.