Thread: Weird receiption issue which only seems to affect Tivo

Weird receiption issue which only seems to affect Tivo

Hi Guys, thought I would just put this question out there before I try fiddling with my antenna setup.

I get low signal/breakup on some channels sometimes. Sometimes its really bad and I cant even watch TV (Only some channels ie PrimeTV here in NZ). I have a masthead amp with splitter which has been working fine. I have tried turning down the amplification, re-aligning the antenna etc but nothing seems to work (its in my ceiling).

Now here is the strange thing I have found, Yesterday by chance I rebooted the Tivo and the problem goes away, and Signal strength goes back to 95%, when the problem happens its down to about 70%.

I also have an HDHomerun installed on the same antenna via splitter, and that never seems to suffer the same problems as the Tivo.

Any ideas?

I have noticed similar problems occasionally. One thought is it may be on one tuner. I have tried checking the tuning and noticed that for some channels there is more than one frequency (Auckland area). Swapping to the other can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I have noticed similar problems occasionally. One thought is it may be on one tuner. I have tried checking the tuning and noticed that for some channels there is more than one frequency (Auckland area). Swapping to the other can help.
    Thanks will have a go with that, I do know that I have 2 transmitters in our area.

Something else I have discovered is that 4G mobile phones are also affecting signal quality. My antenna is in my ceiling, I switched wifi off on my mobile phone, it then defaulted to 4G. I took the phone close by to the area in my house where the antenna is in my ceiling, I opened a YouTube video and bingo, straight away the freeview signal is affected.

I am going to purchase one of those UHF Band filters from DishTV to see if that helps.

https://www.dishtv.co.nz/index.php?r...&category_id=0