Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: audiofix

This morning straight out of bed to see what happened overnight and...
    Tivo has been granted yet another life! ABC is back, squeaks are gone.
    Many Thanks Matt.

Matt Callow: 2021 nomination for Australian Of The Year.

I second the motion.

Matt auto-updated my (85 y.o. tech-illiterate) Dad's TiVo and he is delighted. So am I since I didn't need to travel to manually intervene.

Thank you.

Manual install

If you need the audiofix, the preferred option is to request an auto update by emailing me at mc682001-audiofix@yahoo.com. So far it's been installed or is scheduled for install on about 40 machines.
    But if you have a early modded tivo, or for some other reason the auto update does not work, and you have command line access to the TiVo. You can do it manually by logging into your tivo and typing the following commands

Code:
    cd  /tmp
    wget http://hd.oztivo.net:8000/static/swupdate/OZ-update-v3.snow.bnd
    tar xf OZ-update-v3.snow.bnd
    tar xzf swupdate.tar.gz                                         
    ./update.sh
    This will manually update your TiVo in the same way as the auto update (it will reboot at the end).

To re-iterate, please request an auto update first. This will be much easier in terms of support. The manual option is only really for those TiVos where the update failed, or you need an update in the future when I've stopped scheduling them.

Matt
    Last edited by MattCallow; 23-01-2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Updated instructions

Matt as there will undoubtedly be TiVos operating with owners on not on the forum what plan do you have to roll the patch to them?

Currently, anyone can request the fix via email. I have thought of rolling it out to everyone, but I don't think it's required in NZ. Also it seems not everyone in AU is affected.
    I don't really have any figures on how widespread the problem is. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MattCallow View Post
    If you need the audiofix, the preferred option is to request an auto update by emailing me at mc682001-audiofix@yahoo.com. So far it's been installed or is scheduled for install on about 40 machines.
    But if you have a early modded tivo, or for some other reason the auto update does not work, and you have command line access to the TiVo. You can do it manually as follows:
    Copy the attached Attachment 609 to your tivo in /tmp

Code:
    cd  /tmp
    tar xzf swupdate.tar.gz                                         
    ./update.sh
    This will manually update your TiVo in the same way as the auto update (it will reboot at the end).

To re-iterate, please request an auto update first. This will be much easier in terms of support. The manual option is only really for those TiVos where the update failed, or you need an update in the future when I've stopped scheduling them.

Matt
    Works a treat, cheers Matt.

PS. Might make life a little easier (for some) to upload the swupdate.tar.gz file somewhere and direct people to download via wget

Quote Originally Posted by chrismclennan View Post
    Works a treat, cheers Matt.

PS. Might make life a little easier (for some) to upload the swupdate.tar.gz file somewhere and direct people to download via wget
    Good idea. I've updated my post

Thanks Matt, your audiofix worked fine on my TiVo.

Maybe a message on the TiVo sent out to everyone, stating there is a fix for some audio problems.

Cheers.
    Regards, Martin.

Modded - TivoHD 160 (1TB) HNP

Had...
    Defunct - S1 Tivo, 120Gb, Turbonet card, FOXTEL Digital Cable, UEC STB
    Defunct - S1 Tivo, 40Gb, Turbonet card, Analogue FTA, NEC VCR

Quote Originally Posted by mce View Post
    Thanks Matt, your audiofix worked fine on my TiVo.

Maybe a message on the TiVo sent out to everyone, stating there is a fix for some audio problems.

Cheers.
    Yes, that would probably help. i don't know how to do that though.

Many thanks Matt. Another successful deploy. Fantastic.