Over the past few years, one or other of my 2 TiVos has failed to connect with the server. It stops at the "negotiating" stage and displays the message "Failed while negotiating". This has happened to both my TiVos, but not at the same time. One connects via Ethernet to my router and the other connects via wireless.

Restarting does not fix it, and the only remedy is to install a backup disc. This has always in the past solved the problem and the TiVo connects OK.

Yesterday, the problem occurred on TiVo1, the one that connects via wireless. I installed the backup disc, and confirmed that it connected OK to the server and downloaded the guide data. This morning however, the server connection failed again with the same message. So now both my discs for this TiVo have failed.

I am now wondering if the cause is not with the disc, but is a fault of some sort with the Tivo motherboard.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Also, Darren, if you are reading this, do you have any ideas as to the cause of the problem?