Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed while negotiating

Failed while negotiating

Over the past few years, one or other of my 2 TiVos has failed to connect with the server. It stops at the "negotiating" stage and displays the message "Failed while negotiating". This has happened to both my TiVos, but not at the same time. One connects via Ethernet to my router and the other connects via wireless.

Restarting does not fix it, and the only remedy is to install a backup disc. This has always in the past solved the problem and the TiVo connects OK.

Yesterday, the problem occurred on TiVo1, the one that connects via wireless. I installed the backup disc, and confirmed that it connected OK to the server and downloaded the guide data. This morning however, the server connection failed again with the same message. So now both my discs for this TiVo have failed.

I am now wondering if the cause is not with the disc, but is a fault of some sort with the Tivo motherboard.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Also, Darren, if you are reading this, do you have any ideas as to the cause of the problem?

It’s not motherboard.

Maybe David Keegel can access the server and see if the logging from your connection attempt shows anything.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Getting the same thing here in NZ. Last successful connection was Thursday morning .

It appears to be a problem for everyone here in NZ. I've messaged Daryl who also looks after these things. I believe the same hosted server feeds both NZ and Australia's EPGs? Is Australia affected? I know also that payment for hosting was becoming a potential problem, so hopefully this can be resolved.

I have the same issue in Brisbane. It looks like the TIVO hasn't managed to connect since Thursday. Anyone have a clue as to what is happening?
    Last edited by allanl; 25-07-2020 at 02:55 PM.

I have two Tivos. Both "Failed while negotiating" this morning (Sat 25/7/2020)

Last successes for each Tivo were
    1) Thursday 23/7/2020 12:55am
    2) Thursday 23/7/2020 2:57pm

Any info re status of server?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by RLSA View Post
    I have two Tivos. Both "Failed while negotiating" this morning (Sat 25/7/2020)

Last successes for each Tivo were
    1) Thursday 23/7/2020 12:55am
    2) Thursday 23/7/2020 2:57pm

Any info re status of server?
    No, I have no info I'm afraid, but have the same problem on the sunshine coast, last successful connection Thu 23/7 at 1.53a.m.

cheers

Watch out when this happends. Don't try and reset the Tivo or, like me, you'll end up not able to get it going again as the set-up hangs on the network failure. Really frustrating and I'm hoping someone has a fix!

TiVo is failing to negotiate in Sydney also. Darren or David Keegel, can you comment, please?

What is the server IP? Should it respond to a ping and does it?