Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed while negotiating

Quote Originally Posted by edcba View Post
    TiVo is failing to negotiate in Sydney also. Darren or David Keegel, can you comment, please?
    Is it working any better now?

I think it was broken for everyone from July 23 at 18:40 AEST until a few minutes ago.

Thank you. It looks like it worked. I'm in Brisbane, as of 9:06pm 25/7/20.

I sent an email out to the oztivo mailing list and was re-directed here. Is this a better place for these kind of things? Should I stop using the mailing list?

I thought this was fixed (Brisbane) but I am stuck in loop after connecting, with the TiVo unable to find channel info and repeatedly doing a guided setup. Anyone else funding thus - and how is it fixed?
    Last edited by allanl; 25-07-2020 at 08:53 PM.

My two TiVo's are both loading, connection appears to be back to normal.
    Thanks for the fast response.
    Would be happy to subscribe to fund if required.
    All the best from New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by allanl View Post
    I thought this was fixed (Brisbane) but I am stuck in loop after connecting, with the TiVo unable to find channel info and repeatedly doing a guided setup. Anyone else funding thus - and how is it fixed?
    You using your capital city postcode and not your local one?
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by kozomorimoto View Post
    I sent an email out to the oztivo mailing list and was re-directed here. Is this a better place for these kind of things? Should I stop using the mailing list?
    I’ve been trying to encourage people to use the forums for ages but not because of the mailing list but because like with today’s problem I wake up to a ton of emails (I work night shift), which is nice that people still remember me but in a case like today it’s not my area.

But to give you my honest answer to your question, yes. Personally I think it’s easier when you can browse a list of topics rather than emails like the original oztivo email list does.
    Darren King

Both my Tivos have connected and loaded program info. One is now showing new items in the To Do List. The other is not showing the new items yet but it was connected after the other one. Does it normally take a while after loading is finished before the To Do List is updated with new items?

Many thanks for your prompt handling of this recent problem and for your ongoing support of OzTivo.

I'm thinking of volunteering some of my time for the program info updates if that would help extend the program info for more days into the future. Is there a forum for volunteers?

When a TiVo has not had successful connection for a couple of days it takes a while for guide data and to do list to return.

In regards to volunteering welcome! I’d just start a subject thread. David Keegel might have a more elegant way.
    Darren King

All good. Back in action.

Thanks David, working again now

But can't watch the Moto GP as I guessed the wrong channel on manual record

cheers

Ewan