Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SBS Audio Squeak Problem

Good news. I hope you can succeed in fixing the audio as programs are recorded.

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum but reading what has been going on. recently purchased a new smart TV and found all ABC channels have no audio. I would like some guidance to rectify this so my 5 year old can watch bluey.

Thanks

I have a possible fix for the audio problem. Anyone willing to beta test it?
    You will need ssh access to your tivo, and know your way around the Linux command line

Matt

Hey Matt

Oddly enough I don't have the issue so can't help directly. I've had a couple of people comment via email if someone was working on it so I'll point them here.

Great work on it too!
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by MattCallow View Post
    You will need ssh access to your tivo, and know your way around the Linux command line

Matt
    More than happy to try it out, I have a spare Tivo, and while not that great at Linux, I share a office with two Linux Guru's that I'm sure can help me out if I get stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    Hey Matt

Oddly enough I don't have the issue so can't help directly. I've had a couple of people comment via email if someone was working on it so I'll point them here.

Great work on it too!
    Thanks Darren

Matt
    Happy to try anything, not a Linux guru, but can SSH and navigate around

terry

Matt
    Willing to give it a go - my tivo has the problem and, same as other poster, I can SSH to unit but linux skills are primitive. I have a second tivo unit which can be the guinea pig for testing.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by paddlesteamer View Post
    Willing to give it a go - my tivo has the problem and, same as other poster, I can SSH to unit but linux skills are primitive. I have a second tivo unit which can be the guinea pig for testing.
    Rob

Hi guys, how is the fix tracking? Any closer to rollout? Thanks in advance. Tom

It has been tested by a few users. It does fix the audio problem, but there are reports that it may cause the Tivo to reboot.
    I need to work on a package to push this out to automatically. Once I have that ready, I'll for a few people to test it. If that goes well, then it can be rolled out to people on request.

Matt