I have some specific questions re: getting your 'now showing' programs off the tivo to DVD.

My tivo was set to record all programs at 544x576 (default in palmod). I followed the instructions here: (http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloa.../tivo_dvd.html) which worked 'ok' except for:

1. My DVD player seemed to dislike the 544x576 PAL and when playing back the dvd there was a black edge with a green vertical line. The image is 'squashed'. Is this because my player can't seem to deal with 544x576 res and is expecting only say 720x576? (My player was bought in late 2000 so perhaps newer players can cope with this?)

The same DVD disc plays ok on the PC and the Mac, which leads me to think it is my player.

2. I then changed the tivo to record at 720x576 using palmod. After this, I recorded a new program, and burned a DVD with this new program and it worked in my dvd player (although I think there are some odd 'freezes' in the dvd for some reason). However now when played in the PC or Mac I dont get any audio.

So, basically, I want to know what everyone in Aust has their tivo palmod settings (I dont have a tuner - I use the vcr connected to the tivo if that makes a difference)....ie. Does everyone leave it at the default 544x576 res on the tivo and its just my dvd player that cannot cope?

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!