Thread: SBS World Movies

SBS World Movies

Is there an intention to add the program guide for the new SBS World Movies channel 32? Thanks.

There is an intention yes, but there is also a gap in my capability.

There is guide data for SBS World Movies in the oztivo database since late June, but on July 1 tivos stopped showing the guide info for World Movies, presumably because some technical details about channel 32 broadcast changed on July 1, and so tivos couldnt match up the new channel 32 SBS World Movies with the guide data downloaded from the database.

I don't currently know enough about S3 head-ends (I think something in the mothership S3 head-end needs to be changed) to know how to fix that.
    So it might take months for me to learn enough to work this out, and I should probably first set up a test environment to experiment in (rather than experimenting on the S3 head-end for dial code 140 which everyone uses).
    Unless there is someone out there who has changed tivo S3 head-end configs before and change give me some pointers.

On the plus side, SBS World Movies might be easier to add than channels like 7 Food and Sky News (which you may notice also have no guide info on tivo devices) - at least SBS World Movies guide info was appearing on S3 tivos for a few days in late June (when it was being broadcast as channel 32 with the same technical parameters as the old Viceland SD channel 32).

PS: I wrote a bit about SBS World Movies in Tasmanian TV Guide Issues.
    The recent (2019) posts of that thread are mostly about a person in Tasmania who isn't getting guide info for channel 31 (Viceland HD), but there is a little about channel 32 also.

I'm hoping that David can get this fixed.

Time has indeed marched on a little, with regards to this issue...

Darren and David, I might now be keen - ( and suitably motivated, as I'm sick of the parents whinging at me! ) - to step in and swing the bat regarding this dilemma.

Darren, we've already met - ( I'm that mate of Greg's who drove down to meet you a little while back. Incidentally, I've just about finished my 'Re-flash the existing 12v-Programming-Enable-Pin ROM, right there as it sits on the Motherboard' Programming Jig - albeit waaaay to late to make any real difference, but a fun little project nevertheless... )

David, we haven't as yet met - but make no mistake, I am indeed pretty hungry to get on in, right in there next to you - and do the best we can to resolve this 'steadily-growing-beyond-just-one-channel' EPG drama.

Hit me up PM-style, ( in case you've since lost my mobile number Darren - or maybe just give Greg a quick call instead, whatever works easiest for you... )

Standing-By -
    Last edited by Random01; 11-06-2020 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Just needed to make something 'a little bit clearer'...

Hi David

Now that the audio issue has been fixed, I was looking forward to recording some movies on the SBS Movie channel, even if I had to do it manually. However, the channel seems to have vanished entirely from the Tivoverse. Maybe this just a Sunshine Coast thing, as no-one else seems to have mentioned it. Can it be resurrected?

thanks

Ewan

Hi, musta had some kinda brain fade, but anyway, I went to the channel list and found 2 channel 32's, one was marked SBS World movies and had no EPG. The other one is marked SBS Viceland and has the EPG for SBS World movies, woo-hoo! Hope this helps somebody.