Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EPG only has info until 1st December

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EPG only has info until 1st December

My last successful connection was last night however the EPG runs out midday 1st December. Usually there is a week of programme information. I’m not sure if there is a problem with my TiVo or if the wonderful people keeping TiVo going are a little bit behind. Not sure if I should be worried or not.
    Thanks

It’s not just me, I have checked with someone else and their epg also runs out tomorrow. Will there be an update today? I’m very sad if TiVo has now finished for NZ users

TiVo has definitely NOT finished for NZ users

I am not involved with the generation of EPG, but have you tried doing a manual connection via the network settings menu and does this extend the amount of EPG you have?
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

No. I haven’t tried a manual connection. I will try that when I get home tonight and report back. I didn’t think a manual connection was necessary as I have checking each day to see if the scheduled connect worked and it has. I check this most days as a matter of course.

Before I ran the manual connection there was no epg. Ran the manual connection and epg is back. 👍. I don?t understand why the manual one worked compared to the routine connection which was not downloading the epg. Do I take it if epg is running out I should always do a manual connect? I?d like to hear why the 2 connections are different if someone felt inclined to explain in simple terms 😁. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion Darren. I am so relieved TiVo lives on. I have 3 and they are better than anything else imho

There has been a problem with the Freeview EPG data source that dried up, but has just become live again. A manual connect should bring you up to date again. Currently a search is on for additional sources that will help prevent this happening again, and we have a couple of good leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Spong View Post
    There has been a problem with the Freeview EPG data source that dried up, but has just become live again. A manual connect should bring you up to date again. Currently a search is on for additional sources that will help prevent this happening again, and we have a couple of good leads.
    Yep, sure enough, it's back now. Thank you to whoever's responsible. (What do you need for the data feed? I have a mythtv server that gets the over-the-air EPG data -- happy to figure out how it's stored, munge it as necessary, and pass it on)

Thank you for those involved in sorting this out

For people wondering I was told off list that a good chunk of NZ EPG was uploaded today. Therefore if anyone is concerned then a manual connection will immediately grab it otherwise the next automatic download will.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

If there is a lack of EPG , or other related problems, it pays to do a manual connection and watch the messages as it connects and downloads. Anything out of the ordinary may be an indication of the problem. Maybe watch a good download so you can spot a bad one. Don't be too surprised if the last step indicates a long period of time as this is a good indication of a healthy download of a week or so of guide data.
    As the connection is done at a roughly once per day cycle the problem may have been resolved between your TiVo's automatic connections (as indicated by Darren).