Thread: Trouble connecting to S3 server?

Trouble connecting to S3 server?

If you have had trouble connecting with your series 3 TiVo to the server (mothership emulator) for a while now and your ISP is TPG and your IP address starts with 193 or 194, then please try connecting again (unless your last connection already worked).
    This may also affect other Australian (or NZ?) ISPs which have added new IP ranges in the last year or so - in English, most likely to be an issue for you if you changed to NBN or changed ISP in the last year or so.

My mother has been having issues the her tivo (guide only coming through intermittently) and she just changed to NBN with TPG a couple of months ago. Is there anything I need to do or has it been resolved now? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tfb View Post
    My mother has been having issues the her tivo (guide only coming through intermittently) and she just changed to NBN with TPG a couple of months ago. Is there anything I need to do or has it been resolved now? Thanks
    If it is the same problem (which it sounds like - the intermittent part could be explained if sometimes TPG assigned her an IP address which geo-location at oztivo identified as Australian and sometimes an IP address which wasn't), then you don't need to do anything.

If the issue with not getting updated guide data persists (especially after Jan 25), then it's probably a good idea to send me the current IP address assigned by the ISP (you can private message me or email so you don't need to tell everyone your IP address) and I can check in case I missed fixing that IP range. For now, I am logging IP addresses which try to connect to the mothership emulator but fail geo-location, then checking those to see which ones look Australian (or NZ) from DNS and/or whois and then adding those IP ranges.