Thread: Happy 1 year anniversary!

Happy 1 year anniversary!

Happy one year anniversary to the Series 3 TiVo living on in Australia and New Zealand!

Yep. October 31 2017 was the last day of Hybrid/TiVo providing an official service in Australia and New Zealand (well, OK technically the server stayed online until November 15 2017 but anyway....)

So what have we achieved in a year?

Well, EPG (Guide Data) is alive and well. Considering that it is an all-volunteer effort and yes it has some shortcomings it works. More volunteers could help here (hint!) but it does the job quite well.

Transferring of programs from TiVo to PC is there for units that have an existing MAK

TiVo to TiVo linking isn't there still, as it isn't an easy task. All ideas or anyone willing to assist filling in the missing bits is always welcome to start a discussion on OzTiVo. But all things considered most are happy without it. The main goal of EPG and clock synchronisation was achieved and that was the vital bit.

And how many TiVo's are running? Current stats are:

Australia: 873 active
    New Zealand: 1012 active

And it is still on the increase! That even surpasses the old experimental Series 1 USA/UK units that OzTiVo began with back in 2002. That number at it's peak topped out at just over 1,500 ? and there's still some out there still around still chugging away too which is not included in the above tally.

On a personal note I have just ticked over the 500 mark of units I have modified, and still regularly get them and we do have volunteers over Australia and NZ who do the mods and repairs. Still not too late to resurrect any TiVo's gathering dust out there!
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    Transferring of programs from TiVo to PC is there for units that have an existing MAK
    That seems to have stopped working for b8 a few weeks ago. And while transfers from TiVo to PC still work for b10, transfers from PC to TiVo stopped as of yesterday on all my TiVos....
    (Info page still says HME is enabled and everything else is OK, MAK is listed, etc., but the menu stops at "Recently Deleted")

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post

On a personal note I have just ticked over the 500 mark of units I have modified,
    Huge effort...well done.

Great stuff and congratulations to all involved in keeping the beast alive!

Incredible effort, for sure. Thanks to all.

Looking forward to being apart of it all over again!

A big thank you to Darren and all the team.
    Our TiVo just sits there doing its thing without any input from us until we want to watch a show and there it is. It really is "it just works" technology. It is hard to believe it is now a completely unofficial effort.

The FetchTV also just sits there but we have no idea what it does, since we hate it so much we do not look at it. Might be time to pull the plug on that piece of junk.

I have a Fetch unit as well as the Tivo, and I find them both to be good.

Cheers Vullard!

Fetch can be a divisive thing. Some have them and like them. Some don't. I often get people who email or bring me a TiVo wanting it put back into service as they can't grasp the Fetch. Each to their own!
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

I must say even after modifying mine (and a few others) I rarely use it. I have a tube of chips unused and probably will stay that way.
    Thanks for offering the mod info anyway.

Cheers.