Thread: Duplicate data in guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Duplicate data in guide

For the last couple of days I've been getting duplicated programme data showing up an hour early in the guide for TV1 and TV2 (the +1 channels seem to be OK); e.g., for TV2 tonight I have
    8:30 Bride And Prejudice UK
    8:35 Bad Teen To Ballroom ...
    9:35 Bad Teen To Ballroom ...
    10:05 Police Ten 7
    10:30 The Last Ship

10:35 Two And A Half Men
    11:05 Police Ten 7
    11:20 The Walking Dead
    11:30 The Last Ship
    12:20 The Walking Dead
    The lines in red are errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl View Post
    For the last couple of days I've been getting duplicated programme data showing up an hour early in the guide for TV1 and TV2 (the +1 channels seem to be OK); e.g., for TV2 tonight I have
    8:30 Bride And Prejudice UK
    8:35 Bad Teen To Ballroom ...
    9:35 Bad Teen To Ballroom ...
    10:05 Police Ten 7
    10:30 The Last Ship

10:35 Two And A Half Men
    11:05 Police Ten 7
    11:20 The Walking Dead
    11:30 The Last Ship
    12:20 The Walking Dead
    The lines in red are errors.
    Probably something to so with daylight savings switchover on Sunday morning.

Well the same problem seems to be showing up on other channels as of today, but sometimes only a few minutes out, instead of an hour (so probably not DST related -- e.g., Bravo+1 has one show scheduled at 11:28, another at 11:30, the first again at 11:33 and the second again at 11:35. Another question why I'm even seeing Bravo in the listing, since I thought I had it turned off in the Channel List...oh well)

I've had my TiVo for 5 or so days and for the most part I'm impressed. NOT, however impressed by the TV Guide.
    The guide was the main reason I got an upgraded machine. Now I've missed the whole first episode of a new season of a favourite program.
    If you need help with data entry, let me know because I am more than happy to volunteer.

Also, NOT impressed that "fast forward to end/beginning" has been removed as an option. I can't imagine who thought that was a great idea.
    Now it takes ages to scroll through areas I just don't need to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by lynfran View Post
    I've had my TiVo for 5 or so days and for the most part I'm impressed. NOT, however impressed by the TV Guide.
    The guide was the main reason I got an upgraded machine. Now I've missed the whole first episode of a new season of a favourite program.
    If you need help with data entry, let me know because I am more than happy to volunteer.

Also, NOT impressed that "fast forward to end/beginning" has been removed as an option. I can't imagine who thought that was a great idea.
    It should come right. We have had ours operating after the upgrade for nearly a year now. I can't say that I am anything but impressed. Its been working well without any issues, these issues this week are probably the worst I have experienced. The volunteers do a good job.

To get fast forward to end, use FF >> (so it is playing FFx1, FFx2 or FFx3) then the skip >| button while fast forwarding.
    To get fast forward to beginning, use Rew << (so it is playing Rewx2, Rewx2 or Rewx3) then the skip >| button while rewinding.
    As you have probably noticed if you are just playing at normal speed, the skip >| button will jump forward 30 seconds. Which some people find useful if they are watching commercial television (previously recorded or on delay).
    I found it didn't take me long to adjust to pressing FF or Rew first before Skip if I wanted to skip-to-end.

If you happen to be in Australia and are interested in helping with guide data, please let me know what geographical area you are in.
    But that seems a long shot given the forum we are in, sorry but I can't help with NZ guide data.
    Last edited by DavidKeegel; 07-10-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    To get fast forward to end, use FF >> (so it is playing FFx1, FFx2 or FFx3) then the skip >| button while fast forwarding.
    To get fast forward to beginning, use Rew << (so it is playing Rewx2, Rewx2 or Rewx3) then the skip >| button while rewinding.
    Thanks for that.. had no idea of this functionality.

I should be easy enough to set it back to the old functionality. It's just a single byte changed in the tivoapp program...