Thread: Transfers from PC to TiVo stopped working

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Transfers from PC to TiVo stopped working

Yesterday i found that I cannot transfer movie mpeg files from either of my PCs to either of my TiVos. TiVo says there are no files to transfer, even though there are. Anyone else got this problem?
    Last edited by gadgarra; 10-04-2018 at 03:49 PM.

As I mentioned in the Slack forum, this has affected me also, and this would have been just over the last few days. I suspect another key has expired in our Tivos, similar to what happened when Tivo to Tivo transfers stopped working for those of us with the HNP. Sure hope these 2x issues can be resolved by the OzTivo developers.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be much interest by the experts in pursuing this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgarra View Post
    Unfortunately, there does not seem to be much interest by the experts in pursuing this.
    A friend mentioned that pyTivo was still working, so I reluctantly went through the somewhat involved process of getting it up and running last night, and it works like a treat to move video files from, and to the Tivo from a PC. I use a PC running pyTivo to act as the conduit to my NAS drive. If you'd like to know some of the issues and solutions I found along the way, check out our NZ Geekzone forum here: https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.as...topicid=233686
    I think I'll be using this exclusively now, as both kmttg and Tivo Desktop don't allow access to files on your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Spong View Post
    A friend mentioned that pyTivo was still working, so I reluctantly went through the somewhat involved process of getting it up and running last night, and it works like a treat to move video files from, and to the Tivo from a PC. I use a PC running pyTivo to act as the conduit to my NAS drive. If you'd like to know some of the issues and solutions I found along the way, check out our NZ Geekzone forum here: https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.as...topicid=233686
    I think I'll be using this exclusively now, as both kmttg and Tivo Desktop don't allow access to files on your PC.
    Hi Spong,Just got kmttg 2.4h configured and transferring a .tivo file to my PC . PyTivo works for me as well.