Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Time 30 minutes ahead on two modded Tivo HD's

  1. #11

    Glad I'm not the only one with connection problem also in Perth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jep View Post
    Yes I the same problem on both our Tivos, so might be a Perth thing. Last successful connection on Tuesday after that N18 failed while configuring error.
    I also have exactly the same problem also in Perth.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jep View Post
    Yes I the same problem on both our Tivos, so might be a Perth thing. Last successful connection on Tuesday after that N18 failed while configuring error.
    I take it from Wednesday onwards the Connect to TiVo Service was not working in Perth (or WA in general), which meant you did not get any new guide data. And after a few days of not connecting successfully, you ran out of guide data, and then you let us know that Connect to TiVo Service stopped working.

    I have reverted the DST change stuff I did for WA (postcode 6xxx) on Tuesday.
    Does that fix the problem with Connect to TiVo Service? (And thus mean West Australians can get guide data again.)

    If it is still broken, it would be good if someone could have a look in /var/log/tclient (or the old version, /var/log/Otclient).
    One easy way to view logs like that is TiVo > Messages & Settings > Account & System Information > Backdoors > View Logs.
    Use Right (on the direction wheel) about half a dozen times to change logs to tclient.
    Then use Up to scroll through the log. Look for PhoneHome and HServer.
    It's probably easiest to look at the logs soon after a Connect to TiVo Service fails so the relevant output is near the bottom of the log.

    Or use something like winscp (with ssh protocol) to copy /var/log/tclient to a PC and look at it there. Or upload it from there to this forum.

  3. #13
    Hi peeps - I'm also from Perth (northern suburbs) and both my Tivos ran out of program guide yesterday (Thursday 29/03). Last successful connection for one of them was Monday 26/03 6:08pm.

    Anyway after trying unsuccessfully all day to connect (kept getting configuration error N18), it looks like its now back working again. Its been at the Loading Info stage for more than 30 mins and is at about 15%.

    Just prior to it starting working again, I connected to the Tivo using WinSCP and uploaded the tclient file to my laptop so I could send it your way as requested. Not sure if you need it now in any case but when I tried attaching it to this post using the File Upload Manager, the following error dialog appeared:
    "From forum: oztivo.net
    The following errors occurred:
    tclient: Invalid File"

    Let me know if you still want to have a look at the tclient file and I'll send it your way via email or some other means.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    31
    Good morning Mister Sunshine..... Good on yer David......Don't do it again. Lol

    But really we thank you very much.

    It's a reminder to us all that someone cares and is working on the development and improvement of the OzTivo Service.

    I just checked and saw these latest posts,,,, turned on the TV and voila, programme data is back.

    Thankyou again David Keegel.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    99
    Sorry I messed up getting guide data in WA from Tuesday to Friday.
    Thanks for not yelling at me.

    If you have a TiVo in WA and don't have programme guide information yet, please do Messages & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to TiVo Service to trigger a connection now, if your TiVo hasn't connected since 8:20pm AWST on Good Friday and you don't want to wait for the automatic connection every 25 hours or so. (So everyone's TiVo should have connected successfully by 10pm AWST tonight at the latest, even if you don't trigger a connection.)

    I have a log file to study (to work out hopefully why the WA part of my change didn't work), but I'm in no rush to change this again. If I do change it (later), I will test it with postcode 6000 on a different dial code first before I put it in the standard S3 dial code 140. (I had tested this change earlier on a different dial code, but not with a WA postcode.)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •