Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time 30 minutes ahead on two modded Tivo HD's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Time 30 minutes ahead on two modded Tivo HD's

Hi all,

I've modded two Tivo HD's this year, one mine and one for a local friend, and we're in Adelaide. They've both been running for a while now and we've noticed that the clock is 30 minutes fast on both units. I thought it might sort itself out, but it hasn't. So it's like the time zone is +10H UTC instead of +9.5H UTC.
    Anyone know where we correct this 30 minute time issue ?
    Cheers,
    Martin

Did you set the postcode to the CBD for your state? In your case 5000?
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

It is probably because of the postcode you used for Guided Setup on each TiVo. If postcode is between 5100 and 5999 then that would definitely explain the time difference - you should see clock 30 minutes fast and tv guide 30 minutes fast.
    If that is it (or you're not sure) then I suggest doing Guided Setup again and make sure you use postcode 5000 (for anywhere in South Australia).

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    It is probably because of the postcode you used for Guided Setup on each TiVo. If postcode is between 5100 and 5999 then that would definitely explain the time difference - you should see clock 30 minutes fast and tv guide 30 minutes fast.
    If that is it (or you're not sure) then I suggest doing Guided Setup again and make sure you use postcode 5000 (for anywhere in South Australia).
    Thanks,
    Nope I used my local postcode. I must have missed that bit of info about CBD code.
    Can I run guided setup again without prerequisites, or do I need to clear or delete any info or files first ?
    Thanks,
    Martin

Hi peeps - I'm also from Perth (northern suburbs) and both my Tivos ran out of program guide yesterday (Thursday 29/03). Last successful connection for one of them was Monday 26/03 6:08pm.

Anyway after trying unsuccessfully all day to connect (kept getting configuration error N18), it looks like its now back working again. Its been at the Loading Info stage for more than 30 mins and is at about 15%.

Just prior to it starting working again, I connected to the Tivo using WinSCP and uploaded the tclient file to my laptop so I could send it your way as requested. Not sure if you need it now in any case but when I tried attaching it to this post using the File Upload Manager, the following error dialog appeared:
    "From forum: oztivo.net
    The following errors occurred:
    tclient: Invalid File"

Let me know if you still want to have a look at the tclient file and I'll send it your way via email or some other means.

Yes just run Guided Setup again and use 5000 as your postcode.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    Yes just run Guided Setup again and use 5000 as your postcode.
    Yes this sorted it out. Took two goes to get the Guided Setup to properly complete though, it hung the first time after it said complete the first time.

Hey a question.
    If devs have access to the code in the right place, why not make the guided setup just use the state level post code digit to set the boxes time zone, instead of all four digits ?
    i.e. 5 instead of 5XXX, truncate the uses post code to one digit and add the zeros back if 5000 is needed.

Cheers,
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sneezy View Post
    Yes this sorted it out. Took two goes to get the Guided Setup to properly complete though, it hung the first time after it said complete the first time.

Hey a question.
    If devs have access to the code in the right place, why not make the guided setup just use the state level post code digit to set the boxes time zone, instead of all four digits ?
    i.e. 5 instead of 5XXX, truncate the uses post code to one digit and add the zeros back if 5000 is needed.

Cheers,
    Martin
    That won't work. Canberra has different programs from Sydney, but both have postcodes starting with 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sneezy View Post
    I have made some changes to the way 5xyz and 6xyz postcodes are translated to time zones (for x>=1) which I think should work better. There are also minor code changes (should have no discernable impact) to 4xyz postcodes and DST handling (ie disabling DST) for 6xyz. And also supporting DST transitions 2018-2022 (previously only transitions up to April 2018 were coded).

Note: I have not made any changes to how guide data works. I don't expect postcodes 5xyz or 6xyz (where xyz!=000) to work any better for guide data (which is a different issue) than they did before. So I still encourage South Australians to use postcode 5000, and West Australians to use postcode 6000, just as everyone else in Australia should use their state/territory capital city postcode (assuming your capital city has the same time that you do) when you do a guided setup, until further notice. Do we have anyone from places like Broken Hill, Eucla, Lord Howe Island (where time is different to the state capital) with a tivo?
    Last edited by DavidKeegel; 27-03-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Sorry I messed up getting guide data in WA from Tuesday to Friday.
    Thanks for not yelling at me.

If you have a TiVo in WA and don't have programme guide information yet, please do Messages & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to TiVo Service to trigger a connection now, if your TiVo hasn't connected since 8:20pm AWST on Good Friday and you don't want to wait for the automatic connection every 25 hours or so. (So everyone's TiVo should have connected successfully by 10pm AWST tonight at the latest, even if you don't trigger a connection.)

I have a log file to study (to work out hopefully why the WA part of my change didn't work), but I'm in no rush to change this again. If I do change it (later), I will test it with postcode 6000 on a different dial code first before I put it in the standard S3 dial code 140. (I had tested this change earlier on a different dial code, but not with a WA postcode.)