Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Prime7 HD EPG data (Channel 60)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    I succeeded. S3-Mildura-Nine and S3-Griffith-Nine are now in the oztivo database, people in Mildura and Griffith should see guide data after your tivo connects to tivo service tomorrow (Sunday 25 March), after about 3am.
    Thanks David
    I appreciate your time
    cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkAWilliams View Post
    Hi David
    Here in Mildura on my system there have been some anomalies with wrong movies listed for instance but in terms of EPG the only station that is missing EPG data is "Nine" - Channel:5, Name:NINE, TransportID:12960
    Can this be fixed?
    Hi David
    The Tivo I was working on above was for a friend and he has 7Flix but i just realised that I don't.
    His HD was from an original working unit which just had been cleared and mine was a rebuild from scratch.
    I am pretty sure the data above came from his Tivo as did the data regarding 7Flix below but why did the first capture not have the full 7Flix data but the second capture did?

Here is 7Flix as returned from the former.

03/19:10:26:34: /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl: Channel:66, Name:7Flix, TransportID:2461
    03/19:10:26:34: /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl: /StationTms/10007246:569344 /Server/377512910

Does it matter which Machine this data comes from or is it a case of - as long as there is data from the particular geographical area?
    Hope you can get 7Flix EPG on mine from this.
    Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkAWilliams View Post
    Hi David
    The Tivo I was working on above was for a friend and he has 7Flix but i just realised that I don't.
    His HD was from an original working unit which just had been cleared and mine was a rebuild from scratch.
    I am pretty sure the data above came from his Tivo as did the data regarding 7Flix below but why did the first capture not have the full 7Flix data but the second capture did?

Here is 7Flix as returned from the former.

03/19:10:26:34: /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl: Channel:66, Name:7Flix, TransportID:2461
    03/19:10:26:34: /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl: /StationTms/10007246:569344 /Server/377512910

Does it matter which Machine this data comes from or is it a case of - as long as there is data from the particular geographical area?
    Hope you can get 7Flix EPG on mine from this.
    Cheers
    Mark
    If 7flix is working for one tivo in Mildura, then that says to me that the oztivo mothership side is configured properly (which is the main thing I have been concerned with).
    I'm no expert in how to fix an issue with channel configuration of your tivo (which I'm guessing is the problem here), but the first two things I can think of are that 7flix was not picked up during the channel scan on that tivo (which seems a bit unlikely if it picked up other Prime channels) and that 7flix channel was deleted on that tivo. I guess whatever the cause, I'd be looking at whether you can scan for channels or add a channel for 7flix on channel 66.

If your situation is that your tivo displays 7flix on channel 66 but does not have EPG for 7flix on channel 66 (while another tivo in the same area does), that would surprise me. I'd double check that both tivos are using the same channel number and frequency for 7flix - if there is a difference in channel number or frequency that could explain why one gets EPG for 7flix in Mildura but the other doesn't - let us know. I assume your tivo gets EPG for other Prime channels (apart from 7flix) with no problems, if not then let us know.

If you do receive 7flix on 66 but no EPG, I wonder whether its worth trying deleting 7flix and scanning for channels again or something to recreate 7flix, in case 7flix was not properly configured earlier. I'm not sure whether that is risky (for example not getting 7flix back, or getting all your other channels duplicated). Anybody else know?

station_debug.tcl is saying what configuration this tivo is using for the various channels and for interpreting guide info from the mothership.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    If 7flix is working for one tivo in Mildura, then that says to me that the oztivo mothership side is configured properly (which is the main thing I have been concerned with).
    I'm no expert in how to fix an issue with channel configuration of your tivo (which I'm guessing is the problem here), but the first two things I can think of are that 7flix was not picked up during the channel scan on that tivo (which seems a bit unlikely if it picked up other Prime channels) and that 7flix channel was deleted on that tivo. I guess whatever the cause, I'd be looking at whether you can scan for channels or add a channel for 7flix on channel 66.

If your situation is that your tivo displays 7flix on channel 66 but does not have EPG for 7flix on channel 66 (while another tivo in the same area does), that would surprise me. I'd double check that both tivos are using the same channel number and frequency for 7flix - if there is a difference in channel number or frequency that could explain why one gets EPG for 7flix in Mildura but the other doesn't - let us know. I assume your tivo gets EPG for other Prime channels (apart from 7flix) with no problems, if not then let us know.

If you do receive 7flix on 66 but no EPG, I wonder whether its worth trying deleting 7flix and scanning for channels again or something to recreate 7flix, in case 7flix was not properly configured earlier. I'm not sure whether that is risky (for example not getting 7flix back, or getting all your other channels duplicated). Anybody else know?

station_debug.tcl is saying what configuration this tivo is using for the various channels and for interpreting guide info from the mothership.
    Hi David
    I have deleted 7Flix and re-scanned it but no change.
    mmm on both boxes, they are the same frequency and channel number so its weird - perhaps i should clear and delete and start again or maybe clone my friends HD and see if that fixes it?
    I have one more - after looking in the channel list i noticed Prime7HD was not ticked and that channel is not receiving EPG data too so if you could take that data from the previous dump and see if you can make that work would be great.
    I would rather watch a HD channel than SD.
    Question - what does "NO STATION" mean?
    Thanks again for your work David
    Cheers
    Mark

HI,

Im guessing there is no update to this issue for gippsland region for Prime 7 HD Gippsland regarding no guide data and 7 Flix Also.

Hopefully this can be fixed as the unit is parked in the garage (As a secondary recorder) due to the no guide info.
    Would love to use it as the main recorder if possible.
    As there anyway we can obtain this info for the guide or is it a lost cause never to be fixed?
    I know this is a community effort and you guys had put in a lot of time to keep the tivo running , so hopefully we can continue on.

Hello,

I just wanted to report that I still have no guide data on my TiVo for Prime7HD Ballarat on Ch 60. I understand this has been difficult to try and rectify, but just thought I'd see if any progress had been made.

Also, now that Sky News on WIN has been made available on Ch 83, are there any plans to include guide data for this Channel for S3 TiVo's?

Thanks to all for the ongoing work!

HDD.