Thread: XMLTV EPG Australian TiVo

XMLTV EPG Australian TiVo

Is it possible to use an XMLTV EPG with an Australian TiVo, and if so, is anyone aware of a rather pedantic tutorial adequate to assist someone who has never done this previously. I've never had reason to mess about with TiVo operating systems although I presume its some rendition of linux. That should mean the device can be accessed by telnet and ftp, and the relevant data uploaded. I have no idea what username / password is required and whether or not there is a cron arrangement to regularly update the EPG but I can only assume there is something comparable. Any input / advice would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by osborn ronald View Post
    please update the EPG
    Please explain what you mean.
    Do you mean the oztivo EPG, for Australian series 3 TiVos which have been upgraded with the oztivo installer (from about Oct 2017)?

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldMontgomery View Post
    If you were able to use an XMLTV EPG with an Australian TiVo, can you please guide me? I'm stuck.
    If you have an Australian series 3 TiVo, then it would be much easier to use the oztivo EPG (which you should get automatically if you have upgraded your tivo to oztivo) than trying to work out your own way of using an XMLTV EPG.
    See https://forums.oztivo.net/showthread...8301#post18301
    Last edited by DavidKeegel; 10-07-2019 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Add link to How to get your TiVo up and running

Quote Originally Posted by praxidice View Post
    Is it possible to use an XMLTV EPG with an Australian TiVo, and if so, is anyone aware of a rather pedantic tutorial adequate to assist someone who has never done this previously. I've never had reason to mess about with TiVo operating systems although I presume its some rendition of linux. That should mean the device can be accessed by Agoc Travel. telnet and ftp, and the relevant data uploaded. I have no idea what username / password is required and whether or not there is a cron arrangement to regularly update the EPG but I can only assume there is something comparable. Any input / advice would be much appreciated.
    I am also facing the same problem. i am also not aware about this software so i do not try anything in it. Please tell me also if you find any solution. I am waiting for your reply.
    Last edited by WalterWilkins; 29-07-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WalterWilkins View Post
    I am also facing the same problem. i am also not aware about this software so i do not try anything in it. Please tell me also if you find any solution. I am waiting for your reply.
    I don't understand the problem, so I don't understand why you are trying to use XMLTV EPG with an Australian TiVo. Please explain your current situation (what you have now), and why you don't like your current situation.

I can understand why praxidice may have been asking for help in 2016 (before oztivo was made available for regular S3 TiVos in Australia in late 2017), but I don't understand what is the problem in 2019, unless it is being asked by people who don't know oztivo is available for S3.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    Please explain what you mean.
    Do you mean the oztivo EPG, for Australian series 3 TiVos which have been upgraded with the oztivo installer (from about Oct 2017)?
    I also think so you are right.