Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect time zone - post code issue?

Incorrect time zone - post code issue?

Hi everyone,

I've had my tivo modded and all is good except for the timezone which is currently 3 hours ahead. I'm in Perth, tivo postcode 6149. On the oztivo website it did say postcodes were being rolled out mid to late November so I have sat tight waiting to see if it would fix itself but it hasn't...

Now I believe a guided setup will rectify the problem however I think I read that doing that can cause you to lose the home network package for transferring files. I'm in no real hurry to fix the time issue so should I wait a while longer or do the guided setup and cross my fingers?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to the community for keeping our tivo alive.

Quote Originally Posted by mkhannah View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've had my tivo modded and all is good except for the timezone which is currently 3 hours ahead. I'm in Perth, tivo postcode 6149. On the oztivo website it did say postcodes were being rolled out mid to late November so I have sat tight waiting to see if it would fix itself but it hasn't...

Now I believe a guided setup will rectify the problem however I think I read that doing that can cause you to lose the home network package for transferring files. I'm in no real hurry to fix the time issue so should I wait a while longer or do the guided setup and cross my fingers?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to the community for keeping our tivo alive.
    Guided setup won't lose the HNP. I've done it and didn't lose it. Only a clear and delete everything will lose it.

Make sure you have a backup made that includes the HNP. That way if something goes wrong down the track (like a hard drive failure), you can restore an image with the HNP.

Hello

I am also having the same issue, but mine is only out by 30 minutes. Both the clock and guide data are out by the same amount so it still records programs fine, just the time displayed is wrong.

I was thinking of trying my capital city's postcode instead of my local one, is the best way to do that with "repeat guided setup"?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pneumatic View Post

I was thinking of trying my capital city's postcode instead of my local one, is the best way to do that with "repeat guided setup"?
    If you repeat guided setup you should do a 'Clear program information & To Do List' to ensure new guide data is loaded. (DON'T do a 'Clear & delete everything' as this will loose your MAK)

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    If you repeat guided setup you should do a 'Clear program information & To Do List' to ensure new guide data is loaded. (DON'T do a 'Clear & delete everything' as this will loose your MAK)
    Cheers, I'll give that a try later tonight and report back, hopefully I don't screw anything up

Did repeat guided setup in order to change my postcode to capital city and now stuck on error S03

Hopefully this is only happening because "the OzTiVo server tracks when was the last time it successfully sent guide data to each TiVo Serial Number (TSN), and will not resend guide data generated before that time. "

Will try again tomorrow.

If the S03 error is still there you could try a totally different postcode and then back to your one.

Yep that's what I ended up doing - couldn't go 24 hours not knowing if I had bricked my Tivo so just put it back to same local postcode and it's alive again

I might just wait a couple more weeks to see if OzTivo fixes the postcode timezones.

Failing that, it seems the correct procedure would be:

1̶.̶ ̶ ̶D̶i̶s̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶T̶i̶v̶o̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶n̶e̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶2̶4̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶s̶
    2̶.̶ ̶ ̶R̶e̶p̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶G̶u̶i̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶u̶p̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶c̶o̶d̶e̶
    3̶.̶ ̶ ̶C̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶o̶ ̶&̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶

Nope, still with the S03 error. Perhaps it needs (3) before (2). Or maybe a longer time for (1) - I had left it 40 hours without connection.

edit2: According to Darren, (3) then (2) should be sufficient. I will try that later today.
    Last edited by pneumatic; 04-12-2017 at 02:16 PM.

So I left it for another ~40hours without internet, then CPI&TDL, then repeat guided setup with new postcode. Still getting the S03 error during guided setup! The only way to recover it is to put the old postcode back in.

Now I'm thinking perhaps it needs to be left without internet for the full ~3.5 days until guide data would have actually run out.

Any other ideas?

edit: I tried putting in another state's capital city postcode (3000) and that has gotten it past the S03 error. Looks like it just needs to be changed to a different state and then back again.
    Last edited by pneumatic; 06-12-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pneumatic View Post
    So I left it for another ~40hours without internet, then CPI&TDL, then repeat guided setup with new postcode. Still getting the S03 error during guided setup! The only way to recover it is to put the old postcode back in.

Now I'm thinking perhaps it needs to be left without internet for the full ~3.5 days until guide data would have actually run out.

Any other ideas?

edit: I tried putting in another state's capital city postcode (3000) and that has gotten it past the S03 error. Looks like it just needs to be changed to a different state and then back again.
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you have the HNP package and is it still there? Only reason I ask is that on the faq it says you can lose the networking package, but Skutter mentioned earlier in this thread that he still has his....and I need to take his advice and back up a disk image.