Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Guide data issues and tips to resolve

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,218
    No this is it.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

  2. #22
    Can anyone tell me, that if I reset the box to try to get the data, do I need to save any mac numbers or anything, so it will just reboot properly, and maybe fix its glitch

  3. #23
    I have two OzTiVos
    Tivo1 has software version 11.3b8-01-2-633
    TiV02 has software version 11.3b10.2017.10.11-1506-01-2-Z-633

    Both work OK except that TiVo1 sometimes has a problem after a service connection. The connection, downloading and loading all progress normally but after the loading is finished there is no guide data available even though the status is shown as "succeeded" and it remains that way no matter how long I wait after the connection. (sounds a bit like the problem reported by "viewer" recently). However if TiV01 is restarted (NOT reset) then all the guide data appears normally. The problem occurs frequently but sometimes it works OK without the need for a restart. TiVo2 never exhibits this behaviour.

    Has anyone else observed this?

    I assume that it could be fixed by updating the software in TiVo1. Does that require the whole process of installing the system software onto the hard drive as I did after Darren modded the unit. Is there now any easier way to update the software?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    Can anyone tell me, that if I reset the box to try to get the data, do I need to save any mac numbers or anything, so it will just reboot properly, and maybe fix its glitch
    If you have a MAK key (home networking package) then I *strongly* suggest you use WinMFS to make a .tbk backup regardless of what you do. Once you lose that unique software on your TiVo (ie a hard disk failure) you will never get your MAK back.

    If you don't have a MAK key then it's up to you whether you make a .tbk backup as any oztivo TiVo image will bring it back to life.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by RLSA View Post
    I have two OzTiVos
    Tivo1 has software version 11.3b8-01-2-633
    TiV02 has software version 11.3b10.2017.10.11-1506-01-2-Z-633

    Both work OK except that TiVo1 sometimes has a problem after a service connection. The connection, downloading and loading all progress normally but after the loading is finished there is no guide data available even though the status is shown as "succeeded" and it remains that way no matter how long I wait after the connection. (sounds a bit like the problem reported by "viewer" recently). However if TiV01 is restarted (NOT reset) then all the guide data appears normally. The problem occurs frequently but sometimes it works OK without the need for a restart. TiVo2 never exhibits this behaviour.

    Has anyone else observed this?
    Yes. A TiVo with 11.3b8 software needs to have a program called Ticketmaster running. I'll bet the times it says it does not have guide data the TiVo has booted and you see the message in red text on the "Almost there" boot screen "Not Loading Ticketmaster" but when you do boot the TiVo and it successfully has guide data it has white text saying "Loading Ticketmaster"

    I assume that it could be fixed by updating the software in TiVo1. Does that require the whole process of installing the system software onto the hard drive as I did after Darren modded the unit. Is there now any easier way to update the software?
    You can use a pre-modded 11.3b10 software image .tbk file and WinMFS to do it. That will then mean no Ticketmaster software required. That's the difference between 11.3b8 and 11.3b10.

    Note my comment in the one post above about losing MAK if this TiVo still has one.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    ..........

    You can use a pre-modded 11.3b10 software image .tbk file and WinMFS to do it. That will then mean no Ticketmaster software required. That's the difference between 11.3b8 and 11.3b10.

    ...e.
    Thanks Darren - what's the version number of the latest OzTiVo software?

  7. #27
    Thanks Darren

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by RLSA View Post
    Thanks Darren - what's the version number of the latest OzTiVo software?
    11.3b10


    ...
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

Similar Threads

  1. Tasmanian TV Guide Issues.
    By FlashmanAB in forum Australian TiVoHD
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 18-07-2019, 03:21 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 27-01-2018, 05:19 PM
  3. guide data issues
    By tonys in forum New Zealand TV Guide Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-07-2013, 05:33 PM
  4. Guide Issues
    By cshumphries in forum New Zealand TV Guide Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 07:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •