Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi all.
    Good to know things are all go with the TiVoHD post Hybrid.

Things have been a bit quiet on here in recent years but here's hoping it will get a busier now.

Welcome to all the new members and to those who didn't leave.

Many thanks to Darren and all the other loyal TiVoites that have kept things going for all these years.

I have PROM modded 5 machines so far and done the software upgrade on one with first time success. Fantastically easy to do unlike the early S1 days. I still have two S1s running and a few spares just in case.

In the early days it was all hail to Tridge but now the the accolades go to ??? and of course DARREN who is deserving of a knighthood (but Aussie doesn't have them anymore ).

Anyway enough of the rave. Onward and upward........

G'day Islander,

I have successfully 'modded' my 2 x Tivos, but I now have the question: When will I know that the OzTivo program guide is fuctioning?
    At the moment I have a guide upto about midnight next Wednesday, but that's been there since Thursday.
    Is the Oztivo guide supporting Western Australian programs?
    Do I have to go into the "Hacks" to point my Tivos to the OzTivo guide data?

Hi cpab,

I have run guided setup to gain the guide data on two of my machines. I note that was a gap in the data from yesterday to 1pm today.

Take note of the warning about the loss of any MAK etc.: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru...5765#r54925765
    I was unable to ftp to my TiVo so I copied the file giving it a new name. (linux cp command via ssh)

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Take note of the warning about the loss of any MAK etc.: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru...5765#r54925765
    The MAK (Media Access Key) thing is only an issue for people who bought Home Networking Package from TiVo, which they stopped selling a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I was unable to ftp to my TiVo so I copied the file giving it a new name. (linux cp command via ssh)
    To transfer files to/from TiVo, I would suggest using winscp (if you normally use Windows on a regular PC) which connects through the ssh service on the TiVo, rather than ftp which has been obsolete for years.
    If you have Linux on your regular PC, then use scp or rsync to transfer files to/from TiVo.

Quote Originally Posted by cpab View Post
    I have successfully 'modded' my 2 x Tivos, but I now have the question: When will I know that the OzTivo program guide is fuctioning?
    Currently OzTiVo (series 3) TV guide data updates daily around 5am-ish and has data for today, tomorrow and the next day.
    If you haven't already, have a look at http://hd.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/...oKeepUsingTiVo
    That mentions using `Clear program information & To Do List` to remove old guide data (and some other things, see that twiki page for details).

Quote Originally Posted by cpab View Post
    Is the Oztivo guide supporting Western Australian programs?
    Do I have to go into the "Hacks" to point my Tivos to the OzTivo guide data?
    OzTiVo guide currently supports postcode 6000 and has stations for Perth with guide data since 29 October.
    If you ran tivo installer 0.5 or 0.6 then that TiVo will be set to use dial code 140 (you can check in System Information) and so it will pick up guide data from an OzTiVo S3 server.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    Currently OzTiVo (series 3) TV guide data updates daily around 5am-ish and has data for today, tomorrow and the next day.
    If you haven't already, have a look at http://hd.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/...oKeepUsingTiVo
    That mentions using `Clear program information & To Do List` to remove old guide data (and some other things, see that twiki page for details).

OzTiVo guide currently supports postcode 6000 and has stations for Perth with guide data since 29 October.
    If you ran tivo installer 0.5 or 0.6 then that TiVo will be set to use dial code 140 (you can check in System Information) and so it will pick up guide data from an OzTiVo S3 server.
    G'day David and Islander. Thankyou for your replies.
    I currently have my program guide data upto Wednesday midnight, on my main Tivo, which I have postcode 6065. I think this data is the last residual update of the official Tivo service, as it's been there for quite a few days.
    I also have my spare Tivo, which I cleared & deleted everything, showing guide data up to Tuesday, about 11.18 pm.
    I have postcode 6000 on the spare.
    I'm running a service connection on both again atm, on both machines, because there seems to be quite a while until the programmed next service call.
    I have done a couple of mods for people and I would like to give them some clear answers when they ask me, asap.
    My main Tivo has finished service connection and shows no sign of advanced data beyond Wednesday and my spare(on wifi) is still running.
    I'll try to report back when it's finished.

My spare Tivo(postcode 6000) updated to Tuesday midnight, when I first C&D'd everything yesterday. This morning when I made a manual Tivo service connection it advanced that program data to Wednesday midnight, so I'm happy to see that working.
    I will post again tomorrow as to whether the 2 Tivos(one set with postcode 6000 and one set with 6065), advance the program data beyond Wednesday.