Thread: Quick intro..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another newbie...

Hi there, Just thought I'd introduce myself briefly, My name's Bruce, I live in North Canterbury and I develop software for a living. I've had my Tivo up and running for about a week now it is:

Phillips Series 1 /80GB
    Turbonet card connected to DLink wireless bridge (wireless bridge was about the same price as a wireless PC -Card for the airnet and a more flexible option I think).

I bought the TIVO w/drive off ebay (www.tekgems.com) and the turbonet card from 9th Tee.

I've had a lot of fun (and a wee bit of hair pulling) getting it all going, but it works great now (at least until the latest slice ) thanks entirely to Tim's Tivo pages.

I have a Zenith Sky decoder and created an IR-Code file from my pronto remote (www.zitafarm.com/zenithSky.tcl)

one issue I had was "stoppling" or random pausing and/or pixellation when watching recorded material, to cut a long story short after researching all the probable causes I stuck a UPS on it and it seems to be cured (AC power is pretty bad out here), I'm guessing the tiny Tivo power supply doesn't have much leeway to handle spikes/dips etc.

Well that's it.. I look forward to seeing the Tivo "cult" develop in NZ
    Last edited by brucer; 06-04-2004 at 01:54 PM. Reason: original title confusing