Thread: One last problem...

Red face One last problem...

Okeley Dokeley,

Ive done the guided setup and the Tivo seems good, one last hurdle before I think I will be sweet!!! At least until next time...

Can someone guide me (slowly remembering my ineptitude). Step by step through how to put my STB's IR code into the Tivo.

I have downloaded the .tcl file from the internet. I have tried to FTP it into the Tivo, it appears there but im not sure what the next step is.

Ive tried to type in 'tivosh MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl' (The file name) from in the same directory as I put the file. The Telnet thinks for a few seconds and then gives me a new prompt but doesn't tell me if anything has changed.

A thread I read somewhere said to type 'dos2unix MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl' that didn't do anything.

So

1) Have I done this part correctly?
    2) If I have done this correctly then do I then need to change a configuration from within Tivo ie via the TV? or does it automatically update the IR codes and therefore should be good to go when I reboot?

Thanks for the help in advances
    Marv

hey marv

LOL i had the same exact problem ( but for a pace foxtel box )

read my thread here http://www.forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=221

( it's on page two of this forum )

in the end i gave up and just used one of the existing IR codes which was the least buggy.

but maybe something in my thread will make sense to you or someone will enlighten us.

i guess these .tcl files are IR codes that we have to somehow put into the tivo. but i followed the directions and noticed the suggested directory on the tivo didn't exist then i thought i found it! so i sent the .tcl file there but the new IR codes didn't show up in GS so i dont know what the hell i did!!
    its not that im lazy, its that i just dont care