Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new sky box, anybody got it yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

new sky box, anybody got it yet?

has anyone gotten the new sky box yet?
    does composite out work ?

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

MySky arrived 30 mins ago. Can record 3 channels whilst watching 4th.

Video out OK to TiVo so no fear on that front.

The series link is poor so will need the TiVo for wishlists etc.

Just need to get IR control working. ANyone else had a go? Will have a go with the IR SLice creator but not had much luck with that in the past.
    TiVo series 1 UK Thomson, Cachecard, 500GB, Sky Digital
    TiVo series 1 USA Philips, Turbonet, 230GB, Freeview Dish TV

Hi Ray,
    well that's cool, at least it has macrovision blocking. I was talking to someone about IR codes, but I cant remember who.
    I have the file with the kaon IR codes, but it is just a hex file, so quite how it is converted to the TiVo I don't know.
    From what I know of mysky, the 3 recording tuners record in the background and the view tuner only does that, views.
    So I was hoping we could get the mysky to record up to 3 channels, and get the TiVo to control the view tuner.
    Of course, you would have to be very careful when using/viewing the stuff actually recorded on the mysky, that the TiVo
    wasn't trying to record anything at that time.
    Just a quick note on my guide data load system, when wibbles server goes, it has quite a few restrictions. Programs with
    the same name, show the same episode data, even if they are different episodes. If a new channel is added, we cannot add it.
    If a channel is renamed, or number moved, we can do that, but the name will stay the same as before. i.e. sky1 => BOX.
    will still show as sky1, but will work correctly.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

Same idea as me regarding background recording. Does seem as though that idea will work. If you watch Sky through the Live TV on the TiVo then you will get the warning to change channels if it wants to record.

A bit more annoyed as put in a Series Link but looks like it just reminds you to record it not actually record. Annoying.

I managed to capture the IR ok but would not transmit back. I have had this trouble before. Trick I think is to find the right frequency.

Odd about series link, it certainly is supposed to record it.
    Just to check, did you get mysky or is it the new sky digital box and you rang up and enabled recording on it?

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

It is the new sky box KAON NS1120. They threw in mysky for free for a couple of months I think so time to try it out. I think I have sorted out how to record automatically on series link. There is no manual to explain things but downloaded a video from on-demand so that works all ok. Good news is it saves these rather than stream them so can record onto the TiVo if you wish.

I have found the IR frequency at 36kHz according to the spec https://skytv.custhelp.com/app/answe...specifications

Unfortunately the IR slice creator has now stopped working. I had this problem before. Will keep on trying.

cool, hopefully you can sort out the ir.
    I presume the direct sd output via hdmi is way superior to the kaon->TiVo->composite ?
    (it is on my tuners/pc mediaportal)

No luck with the IR slice but extracted the KAON codes and coverted to TCL and gave them a go on my UK Thomson. Might have got some response. Looking at the settings in CableBoxCodeNumber 29994 I was using and trying to work out what I needed. Computer crashed losing all my original setup data so not sure what I had with my old stb. SO redid guided setup and now got stuck with "No service provers at your post code". Tried 02113-02114 no joy. Anyone know why this is occurring?

TiVo dead at the moment.

Have you tried 02112? Both of my TiVos are on this , one Sky, the other Freeview satellite.
    I haven't had to rebuild a TiVo recently though.

I was using 02112 as well. Not sure what was happening. Finally got it going by selecting arial and sat. Sky sat didn't seem to work. OK now so will try the codes again.