Thread: Big sky channel rearrange

Big sky channel rearrange

As you may have noticed, SKY did a big channel renumber today. I have currently forced
    an update to see if the channel changes have been done. update soon.

Update: daily call did not rearrange channels. I have pm'ed Wibble.

Divxmaster
    Last edited by divxmaster; 01-09-2015 at 05:00 PM.

All working now (8:00pm, NZT). Many thanks, and always appreciative :-)

FYI: I am looking at retiring the server early next year. The hardware will likely die soon anyway and the OS is just too old. I don't use a Tivo myself and do not have the time or inclination to build a new server. If somebody is interested in building a replacement please let me know otherwise I'll just set a final date.

Thanks.

Before you shut it down, any chance you could image it with Acronis? And then dump the image
    where I could grab it? Is it Linux or windows? I think acronis works on Linux partitions
    anyway. Might be able to get it up and running via acronis universal restore, so a least
    part of the process might be extracted.
    (or are you going to throw orac in the bin perhaps?- I'll grab it if at all possible under
    this scenario)

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

It's running a 10 year old linux on a AMD Sempron 2400 with 1Gb ram and 2x 60Gb disks. So it's bin territory. I can put a tar backup on spare sata disk if you want but it' unlikely you will be able to create a VM directly from this server.

ok cool, we can chat closer to your shutdown time.
    What I meant is that if there is no personal information on orac, then actually box it up and post
    it to me, I would pay of course.

I don't know much Linux, except using the TiVo, but might be able to extract procedures from it.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

I think thanks have got to go to wibble for his fantastic work on hosting the system over a long period.

The system has been stable as, great uptimes and basically just worked -- thanks mate!

I would not be worried about imaging the server, its not required. The whole setup packages up quite well and can be deployed in a vm. Shadow dev copies have been run up in digital ocean from time to time, and its also been proven to operate nicely in a dirt cheap openvz setup, think lowendbox.com. For anyone interested in taking this on, I am prepared to assist in the moving the code (PM me).
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

I am working with DJC to set up a replacement guide system. It will not be the full emulator though,
    but will hopefully be slice files that your TiVo will automatically download. I think functionality will
    remain the same. If I cant get it to work, we still have the system developed by mpnash and myself.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

It would be really sad if TiVo retires - having used it in the UK and here in NZ for over 15 years I have got very used to it. Anything a non-geek can do to help? Other systems frankly just don't match it for simplicity in my view.
    TiVo series 1 UK Thomson, Cachecard, 500GB, Sky Digital
    TiVo series 1 USA Philips, Turbonet, 230GB, Freeview Dish TV

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    It would be really sad if TiVo retires - having used it in the UK and here in NZ for over 15 years I have got very used to it. Anything a non-geek can do to help? Other systems frankly just don't match it for simplicity in my view.
    Well testing certainly, however it will be quite some time before I get a test system up, but Tivo wont die, we already have a working replacement
    system, although it misses genres and things, but it still works ok.