Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Newbie Problem: IR Motorolla codes

Another Newbie Problem: IR Motorolla codes

I have a Motorolla Sky decoder.I am trying to modify the IR codes on the Tivo.
    I downloaded the Motorola DTH325-4.tcl file from Tim's site, but not knowing too much about Linux ,am having problems loading it via Pico.

Does anybody have an short script on how to change the IR code.
    I also understand that only one line in the existing stb.tcl file has to be alterd to 88887 wich is the IR code for the Motorolla box.

Many thanks in advance.
    Cheers

If the .tcl doesn't just run with:
    ./MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl or
    tivosh MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl (both commands whilst in the same dir as the file). Then try: dos2unix MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl
    and try running it again.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I will have to do the same when my new tivos arrive to run in conjuction with Zenith STBs... if I find anything else has to be done, I'll update the post accordingly...

Tanks

Fixxer,
    Thanks for you prompt reply.
    You will have to excuse my ignorance,but I dont have any Linux knowledge.
    How do I send the Motorolla file from my Xp desctop to the Tivo, and in what directory do I place the file? Also how do I run the file? I use Putty for telnet into the Tivo.

Many thanks

I do have better things to do at 11:40 on a Saturday night, I promise!
    I suggest you google around and learn some linux basics as this will come in handy for general Tivo use in NZ - things often need changing via the operating system.

Type in the FTP client's command box: bin to go into binary mode cd /hack/guide/ (or browse to whatever dir you want to put the files into, remember only /hack (and sub dirs) are writeable, unless you've typed rw prior to ftp'ing).
    You can then select files on the local directory (after browsing to it) and type put to send them to that dir on Tivo.
    If you are FTP'ing from a command line, change to the directory that you are going to transfer from, run ftp.
    bin
    put /path/filename
    Multiple File Transfer:
    prompt Turns question prompt off
    mput * puts all files in the current dir
    prompt turns prompt on again

Use telnet to connect to tivo and run scripts as per my earlier post

Thanks

I have uploaded the Motorola file and had to execute with the tivosh command as the "./" command did not work. When scrolling under cable/satellite options (looking for Motorola) it only has the 2 standard ones both of which do not work.

Two questions,

When I execute the file should a new option appear for Motorola under the sub heading and if not do you need to edit the rc. files to have it execute on startup? Also, where does the menu find the list of available IR codes and what file does it obtain it from?

Secondly I was viewing Tims website and downloaded the file add-stb.tcl, modified it accordingly however it will not execute at all not even with the tivosh cmd.

It would be most helpfull if you could point me in the right direction with this one.

Thanks.

Can't help from that point on, as I haven't done this myself, but will need to in the next few days upon arrival on a test box...
    All I can think of with add-stb is to run it thru dos2unix .... sowwwy
    p.s. make sure you:
    chmod 775 add-stb.tcl
    or
    chmod 755 add-stb.tcl
    Last edited by fixxer37; 23-08-2004 at 09:41 AM.

Same STB!!!

Hey Gabiwabi,

Did you have any more luck with the Motorolla STB. I too have a Motorolla DTH325-4 and am interested in how you got on. Im just getting it running now and at present haven't sussed the IR codes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marv
    Marv

The Easy Way

Hi,

Despite many hours of "trying tis and that" I had no sucsess.
    I took the easy way out and phoned Sky, who swapped out my Motorola decoder for a Pace.
    Worked 1st time.
    Joy!!
    The other advantage of the new pace is that is has s-video out, so my picture is sharper (on a projector) with less pixelisation.

Cheers.

Cool

You just called Sky and told them you wanted a Pace and they said yeah cool no probs, extra charges?

Did you have to make an excuse up or anything?

Marv
    Marv

Sky

Marv,

Yep, phone Sky customer service, and ask them to swap out the decoder, because you require s-video output.
    $35 later a Pace decoder is deliverd!!

Good luck.

Can't believen your Turbocard problem.Fustrating!