Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did guide fail Tuesday?

Did guide fail Tuesday?

Just spotted that both my TiVos failed to update since Tuesday. Coincidence or is there a problem? Ie is anyone else having a problem or can anyone confirm they are still getting Guide Data?

David
    Last edited by David Stott; 14-07-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 750Gb, Turbonet, Topfield Freeview satellite Tuner
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Wireless, CoShip Freeview satellite tuner

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by David Stott View Post
    Just spotted that both my TiVos failed to update since Tuesday. Coincidence or is there a problem? Ie is anyone else having a problem or can anyone confirm they are still getting Guide Data?

David
    Yeah I'm getting failed calls with service unavailable too. Anybody know what the cause might be?

Mark
    Philips TiVo Series 1, Turbonet, 1 x 250GB, NZ Emulator - Satellite (Sky Digital)

Ditto - last successful attempt was Monday morning, 8th July

Same date

Quote Originally Posted by dieterm View Post
    Ditto - last successful attempt was Monday morning, 8th July
    Mine too. Looks like that was the last time the service was available? No successful calls on my Tivo since then. Hope we're not the last 3 Tivo users left in NZ?!
    Philips TiVo Series 1, Turbonet, 1 x 250GB, NZ Emulator - Satellite (Sky Digital)

The IP address at 210.48.107.133 (the NZ emulator) is answering to a ping - so the server is up. But I don't think the emulator is responding on port 8888? Looks like someone who knows (a lot) more about this will need to check it out. Not sure who's still looking at this any more. I think last time Wibble took a look. Here's hoping someone can .. it might be that the emulator task needs restarting (he says optimistically!).

Cheers

Mark

Ditto both mine dead - hope gets fixed soon, no sky left now.
    TiVo series 1 UK Thomson, Cachecard, 500GB, Sky Digital
    TiVo series 1 USA Philips, Turbonet, 230GB, Freeview Dish TV

I've sent messages early today to all three moderators of this thread, and later on to Pete's Trash (the Aussie admin) who has in turn sent an email to whomever the correct guy is. Guess we just have to wait.

I'm in a particularly disastrous position with one TiVo having died in the last few days (possibly capacitor problem), and the other being stuffed up by my attempt to do a Guided Setup (and so seems to have lost knowledge of the decoder being used). So am in the horrendous position of having to watch TV live until I can redo GS. I have a third TiVo on standby that I purchased a while ago but that one hasn't been set up for either of my current decoders so I'm stuffed.

There's been 30 something looks at this thread so there are probably a few more than 3 of us left :-).

David
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 750Gb, Turbonet, Topfield Freeview satellite Tuner
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Wireless, CoShip Freeview satellite tuner

OK, I'm on the case. Generating the guide now. It'll take a few hours.
    The database got stuck and never finished generating the guide and therefore didn't send an email for the last 7 days.
    Usual I can tell by the email size when the generation is stuffed, but it this case ...

I'll post and update when it's done.

Great, thanks.

thanks from me too!