Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeview GS

Freeview GS

Found my TiVo on my network, now having problems with Guided Setup. I'm using satellite freeview, so used 02110 postcode. Get an error message saying "no cable provider in your area"........if I carry on with GS using Sky postcode (02113) GS completes fine, albeit with the wrong set of guide data! Any clues?

My freeview tivo is on 02112 from what I recall I didn't have any problems with GS. I have set it for two inputs (tuner and composite in). The image it is running is NZ Tivo v1.5 but others I have set up are Oztivo latest version. I would recommend the latest Oztivo image as there is more useful hacks on it.
    Last edited by Islander; 06-06-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Yes I get the same thing whenever I switch post codes. The only way to solve this I have found is to either "clear and delete all" or re-image the drive.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

clear and delete all worked fine. Just need to get an IR blaster cable now...atm, TiVo isn't changing channels on the DishTV STB, hopefully it's the lack of IR cable...but I wonder...doesn't Tivo also send an IR signal out through the front panel? I've sat the STB in front of the Tivo box, but no joy....

Is DishTV on the list of available TiVo or OzTiVo(user uploaded) IR code sets? I can't check as oztivo.net seems to be down at the moment. Try a different code set if there is more than one listed for DishTV.

Look at the front of the TiVo with a digital camera to see if the built-in IR transmitter is working.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Hmm, interesting.....no sign of an IR transmission from Tivo box, neither from the built in blaster or the outputs on the end of the (new from weaknees) IR cable. TiVo was changing channels on a Shy decoder set up fine before we moved house....any one any ideas?

Apologies, careful checking reveals TiVo is sending out IR from both sources...so it'sIR coding that's wrong. I used Oztivo DishTV code during GS....but clearly this doen't work with the particular DishTV decoder I have. Can anyone advise an easily available in NZ Freeview decoder that is know to work with IR codes that are in the current NZ image? I'm happy to buy a new decoder to get TiVo working!

Have you checked this list? You have to register on oztivo.net first.
    http://www.oztivo.net/tivo-bin/irdatabase.cgi
    I have a chinese clone DM500S dreambox, but the codes don't work perfectly on mine. I previously had a Strong satellite receiver which worked well.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

TiVo is emitting IR code, but the code is incorrect for the particular model of DishTV that we inherited with our rental house, so yesterday I bought another DishTV (model 7070R) and that doesn't work with the OzTivo DishTV GS code either!

Help!!!!! I need to know what brand and model decoder I can obtain in NZ that will work from OzTivo IR codes........getting desperate!

The Strong 4300 sold by Pace Electronics is listed in the OzTiVo IR database.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2