Hi John.
I installed the image as you said and it all went well except it appears I overlooked something rather basic but truly didn't realise it. I live in Adelaide, South Australia and the image you provided is a NZ one. I never really knew what was on these images and now having seen it installed I have a much better idea. Certainly I now know that one of the things it contains is channel names and frequencies. I think that the TCD663160 might be common to both Australia and NZ, and that the differences between countries may be contained in the 'TiVo Service Number'. Note the use of the words 'might' and 'may' because I really don't know for sure and I'm feeling my way here. After installing the image (which was as easy as you said) I put it all back together and fired it up. Near the end of its boot up a message announced there was a hardware problem , and that this problem would prevent me from recording or watching TV. I was offered the opportunity to abort or continue the boot up. I continued (to see if I could get more information). It all went well and then I went to tune in the channels and no channels were detected. My aerial is OK and to cut to the chase the TiVo had a channel listing with names and frequencies that relate only to NZ. (Maori TV was a bit of a giveaway).
All in all I'm actually pretty happy even though it's not yet going because I now know the image is easy to install, and also because of the new tip you gave me regarding Widdle3 and head parking. Thanks for that too.
So now all I need is an image that works in Australia - do you have one? Since I see you live in Christchurch I suspect you don't but it makes no sense not to ask. And if you don't maybe you can suggest somewhere I might look. I have attached a snap of the data plate on the back of my TiVo in the hope it may help you to help me. It turned out a bit big but at least you can't miss it.
2013-06-09 00.28.02.jpg
Again, any help (I mean more help) you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Rogan.