Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode Descriptions Not Matching

Episode Descriptions Not Matching

I have noticed a few programs where the EPG Show descriptions doesn't match the advertised show descriptions.
    Two examples:
    The Walking Dead - EPG show description mainly reads something like ... "journeys in a post-apolyptic world", whereas the Sky description details the episode content

CSI - EPG always seems to mention something about a kidnapped daughter, whereas the Sky description details the episode.

Not a biggie issue, just a heads up if anything can be done about it .. hopefully :-)

Setup is S1 with Sky Decoder.

Always appreciative of the work being performed in the background ,.. I must be one of the S1 few hangers-on in NZ .. :-)

Dieter

Quote Originally Posted by dieterm View Post

Setup is S1 with Sky Decoder.

Always appreciative of the work being performed in the background ,.. I must be one of the S1 few hangers-on in NZ .. :-)

Dieter
    I still have a Thomson S1 I brought with me from the UK having owned it from new. It is 13 years old now but still works well with the Sky box. Sadly, I can't seem to get guide updates any more so I feel it may be time to retire the old girl. I have a TivoHD unit too and rarely watch sky specific material.

If the guide emulator is gone it is a sad day because apart from not being HD there's nothing wrong with the old series 1. Anyway, you're not alone as there is at least one other working series 1 and I would like to keep mine going if at all possible.
    2 TiVo HD's waiting to be upgraded
    In storage - Thomson Scenium TiVo 200GB + Cachecard
    UK 2.5.5 based NZ Tivo

I have also observed program descriptions not matching reality. One that I have noticed is The Bill on UKTV. It has had the episode fixed at 'Closing the net part 1' for several weeks.
    As always many thanks to those providing the guide data.
    I have two S1 TiVos and an HD but consider the S1s the better of the two types. I also have 2x Thomsons currently not running but can stoke them up if needed to test for your problem GreatDrok.

If you're able to see the same problem I'm having it would help narrow it down. Just can't get my S1 to get the guide data now so it is basically useless.
    UK 2.5.5 based NZ Tivo

I have dusted off one of my Thomson tivos and ran guided setup using postcode 2121 and Sky, it was a 2121/Freeview. It has loaded guide data and all appears ok.
    What does yours do if a phone call is invoked from tivoweb? Does it give an error message after the call is initiated?

The error was "Failed: number not available". However, this morning it succeeded so something has changed. I've been trying it periodically for days and had just about given up so whoever sorted it, thanks!
    UK 2.5.5 based NZ Tivo

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDrok View Post
    The error was "Failed: number not available". However, this morning it succeeded so something has changed. I've been trying it periodically for days and had just about given up so whoever sorted it, thanks!
    I hate replying to my own quote but it has gone again, same error "Number unavailable". A test call works, but when I try the daily call it gets to connecting stage and then fails. Since there is so little activity on these boards I'm guessing I'm one of the last and I'm also guessing it is time to give up and pack the old girl away. 13 years isn't a bad run.
    UK 2.5.5 based NZ Tivo

I have had this problem on a Thomson a while ago. I posted this on the forum at the time . I can't recall the solution, have you tried a search for "Number unavailable" or maybe check all of my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I have had this problem on a Thomson a while ago. I posted this on the forum at the time . I can't recall the solution, have you tried a search for "Number unavailable" or maybe check all of my posts.
    I can't even get it through guided setup at the moment. Network seems OK as I can telnet into it but I'm quite suspicious of the current state and found the old ISO I burned when I imaged the machine so I'm going to start fresh and see if that fixes it. Took it apart yesterday because it was full of dust and reseated all components so a fresh image hopefully will get it back on its feet.
    UK 2.5.5 based NZ Tivo

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDrok View Post
    I can't even get it through guided setup at the moment. Network seems OK as I can telnet into it but I'm quite suspicious of the current state and found the old ISO I burned when I imaged the machine so I'm going to start fresh and see if that fixes it. Took it apart yesterday because it was full of dust and reseated all components so a fresh image hopefully will get it back on its feet.
    Again, replying to myself.

So, I reimaged the TiVo and still it wouldn't connect. In desperation, I switched from the IP address I've been using all this time (192.168.1.20) and switching to 192.168.1.220 since I have a whole bunch of bits of kit connecting to the network and surprise surprise, it all works fine now and I've got through the guided setup and it is back up and running. Phew. Sadly, because I reimaged I've lost everything so it will need retraining but at least it is working again.
    UK 2.5.5 based NZ Tivo