Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Headend (Lineup) Changes

Unhappy

Why did the UKTV FSID need to change?? I use loadguide cause it just works, and has worked every since I set it up 5 months ago. But I watch the occasional stuff on UKTV so want the guide data back for it.

Tried the dbset command but just get:

commit failed (0x30012)

while executing
    "transaction {
    set x [OpenObject $db $obj]
    dbobj $x set $attr $val
    }"
    (file "/devbin/dbset" line 22)

If I changed to emulator, what exactly would I loose? I have lots of season passes setup and really not keen to fix what isn't broken...

Well, it had a wierd number... Historically, for some reason, it got 7998101 rather than 7998004, and that just stuck. The general idea with the recent change was to get all the channels sync'd up for consistency, and with the vast majority on the emulator it was no big deal to change...

As for where you're at... First, you can probably switch to the emulator with no disruption. I did this several months back, and all my season passes, shows, everything, were preserved. That being said, it may not be necessary. I ran into exactly your issue back when Hallmark changed to Disney, around January or so. I ended up doing a clear/delete all to resolve it, but subsequently I think I figured out the problem. There are entries in the DB referring to the old UKTV FSID, you have to get rid of them first before changing the FSID. So go through your Now Playing, season passes, to do list, suggestions, etc., and delete anything relating to UKTV. I think (no guarantees here) that this will allow you to make the change. But again, I also think that you can migrate to the emulator without any fuss; I had no troubles at all when I did this, and haven't looked back since.

Would "entries in the DB" include the old recording history entries? My tivo has kept a record of absolutly everything I ever considered recording since I started using it. This makes for a long list that can take a while to view...

Is there a way using that tivo shell to manually remove those entries relating to uktv? What about deleted shows, but not yet replaced?

I actually really like the control offered doing it manually. If I was setting up a new tivo I'd use the emulator no question, but what I have works just fine. I'd rather make these changes to the channels manually rather than let someone else do it for me without me even knowing anything changed. But thats just me. If I can't get UKTV working manually I'll have no choice but to go to the emulator.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what needs to be deleted. In my case, I discovered the issue after I did a clear/delete all, moved a couple of shows back onto the unit, then did the add-whole-channel routine and got the commit failed errors. Therefore, obviously it was the backed up shows that it was triggering on. But you'll have to experiment to find out exactly what's buggering you up. My guess would be saved programs, season passess, and stuff on the to-do list, but that's just a guess.

No idea about a manual shell method. Don't know enough about the dbsetx stuff to say.

Just a FYI for anyone else that might have this issue, ehintz was right, once the deleted UKTV proggy fell off the deleted shows list, I could change the FSID np at all. ran loadguide and UKTV listings all there.

Ol faithful loadguide works just fine, so for now I'm in no hurry to fix what isn't broken...

Manually Loading Channels

For those that (like me) load channels manually (and slices). I attach a revised script for adding all the sky channels as per the updated info in this thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files