Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headend (Lineup) Changes

Exclamation Headend (Lineup) Changes

When your TiVo make it's next daily call you should receive a lineup change message after the call, the TiVo should've loaded a new Headend slice.

I have added the rest of the Sky Digital channels, and made changes to a couple of existing channels. Ed has added them to the Headend provided by the emulator..

You won't get data for the NEW stations just yet..

Easy enough for the emulator users..
    Now the loadguide users, unfortunately are going to have to add/change these channels manually... (Unless....what were the results of a loadguide user manually loading a headend slice??)

Attached is a stations.txt file with the all the channels and FSID's.. (Ignore the "Station/1/" before the FSID's, and ignore the "DoNotShift")

Existing Channels which will need a change in FSID

UKTV 7998101 to 7998004
    ARTS 7998057 to 7998059
    TVSN 7998009 to 7998045
    NONAG 7998099 to 7998095

Adding channels manually (LOADGUIDE USERS ONLY), to make it easier I suggest you switch over to the emulator.
    If your HackFu is strong then continue..

The command line syntax is..

add-whole-channel.tcl <Channel ID> <Channel Num> <ShortName> <LongName> <SOURCE ID>

i.e. add-whole-channel.tcl 7998001 1 TV1 "TV1" 637957/11

for a FAQ on how to find your source id etc.. have a look at this outdated Howto... http://www.tjv.org.nz/tivo-howto.aspx

Changing the FSID of an existing channel, take a look at this howto I posted a couple of times.. http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.ph...3&postcount=13

Goodluck,
    cheers

Jaidev
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jaidev; 18-08-2004 at 10:51 PM.

Will these changes have caused the ability to setup off the emulator to break?

I've been trialing some different HD's which has required a few setups lately, these have all worked perfectly to date.

Tonight, there is a 'No cable providers in your zip code' message at the cable providers selection stage (after dowloading data) -- zip code I have selected is 02113 (verified with /hack/bin/get_postalcode), area 002.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by DJC; 18-08-2004 at 08:41 PM.

Hmmm possibly...

Ed, this is usually the error you get when in the 'headend' file the following entries are blank....
    Halfway in the 'headend' file...

CommunityName: {}
    CountyName: {}
    Name: {SkyDigital}
    Lineup: Lineup/8000001
    Subrecord Lineup/8000001 {
    Name: {}

and at the end of the 'headend' file..

}
    Subrecord CityPostalCode/2000 {
    PostalCode: {02113}
    CommunityName: {}
    }

Can you please dbl check the entries.. should be as follows..

CommunityName: {Auckland}
    CountyName: {Auckland}
    Lineup: Lineup/8000001
    Subrecord Lineup/8000001 {

and

}
    Subrecord CityPostalCode/2000 {
    PostalCode: {02113}
    CommunityName: {Auckland}
    }

thanks
    Jaidev

Yup, this was my fault... I missed the very last CommunityName instance, at the bottom of the headend file. This won't matter for an existing setup because you'll still have the entry from the older slice (which is why when I tested everything seemed fine), but for a new setup it will. I've fixed it now, but any new users (within the last 24 hours) that are having this issue will probably need to do a clear/delete all then rerun guided setup(I didn't increment the slice, just fixed the error and reposted, and if the slice is already there the Tivo won't know that the one on the server has a correction). Again, anyone who had it running prior to 18 Aug need not worry, it's only the headend that went up on 18 Aug that was missing the last Community string and previous installs will have it already.

Question Latest test failed...

I've just blown a clean [spare] disk from the base image as a test, the same problem still appears. Seems that there might be something else to it...

[Have tried the same process with ozTivo emulator, that works as expected]
    Last edited by DJC; 19-08-2004 at 06:03 PM.

And me ...

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    I've just blown a clean [spare] disk from the base image as a test, the same problem still appears. Seems that there might be something else to it...
    I concur ... cannot get past this screen in GS after doing a clean and delete everything.

OK there is still a problem with the headend, on my test Tivo I have done a Clear and Delete Everything! and I am getting the No Cable Providers found screen...

Ed any ideas? Can you take a look at the headend again.. I have sent you mine so you can check...
    Last edited by jaidev; 20-08-2004 at 07:16 AM.

Well, the slice looks fine, but obviously isn't... I created a new one and incremented it, it's up now, so if somebody could give it a go and let me know if it works... I also finally figured out where the screwy FSIDs were coming from (remember a few months back when history, animal, espn, etc were buggered?), so slice creation just got a whole lot easier. I was manually correcting the buggered FSIDs, but now that's being done during the mkconfigfiles process. Yay...

Confirm it works now... Good job! /DJC

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    Confirm it works now... Good job! /DJC

Woo hoo!!!

Again, sorry folks, without a second tivo to test on, these things can happen... Then again, the price is right, eh?