Thread: Time to let go :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Time to let go :)

of all my Series 1 units..
    Hi it's been a long time.. I wonder how many still visit here..
    I will list all my units in the for sale section I have 5 I think and lots of parts etc.. I'm only running a couple of S3 HD units now..
    To be honest I could've sold them on ages ago but didn't or couldn't not sure which
    Well it's nice to see the forums still running.
    Last edited by jaidev; 22-08-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Will you be having some sort of ceremony?
    It's a lot quieter on here these days, and most of the discussion is regarding TiVoHD units.
    I'm keeping my Series 1 running until they switch off analog broadcasts in Canterbury in April 2013. After that I may still connect it to the Dreambox satellite receiver I never watch (but still find novel to have). Still plenty of sentimental value in my S1!

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

There isn't much 12yo technology that still keeps runnning, and running, and running. Barely misses a beat.
    I still have 2 S1 units, one in everyday use ( hooked up to a Sky box), and one as a spare.
    Just so nice that I can remote access them from anywhere, pull down recordings for archiving / later viewing.

Thanks for all the time you gave to TiVo in New Zealand Jaidev.

Pete
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

RE: Time to let go

Yeah .. thanks heaps Jaidev. You'll be sorely missed .. for as long as we manage to keep these old TiVos running!

Cheers

Mark
    Philips TiVo Series 1, Turbonet, 1 x 250GB, NZ Emulator - Satellite (Sky Digital)

No worries thanks Pete. Won't be disappearing entirely, have a couple HD units. And considering the Hybrid Tivo situation may have to be ready to investigate emulator data for them in the future
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

I am having the same letting go problem - thanks guys for all your support over the years, getting my UK tivo working when I moved here to getting some new US S1 up and running after the ex wife kept hold of the Tivo - grr.

My HD Tivo has been running for a while without issues so it is time to let the old reliable S1 out to pastures - and here is hoping Hybrid don't go under.

Chris