Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New image for NZ HD Tivo

New image for NZ HD Tivo

Is the image for the NZ Tivos different from Oz and US? My HD unit has failed after a power cut, my other two series 1's and another HD Tivo survived.

Could it be a corrupt image, there is a power on light only, no video or obvious boot sequence, no other lights are on on the front fascia.

Any thoughts?

The software for the TiVoHD? The NZ/Au software is very different from the US version.
    I have an image online if you want the link to restore your TiVoHD with WinMFS.

Since you have two TiVoHD you could just swap the HDDs which would quickly tell you if that was the problem.
    Have you tested the component or composite video outputs?

At least you have a power LED. Do you see the orange LED flash when you press the remote?

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

No light when I hit the remote, yes a changeover would be the first thing to try of course, as long as the boss doesnt get upset that I have interfered with her TiVo!

A link to your image would be good as a clean drive will be better than using the other drive.

Thanks for the help much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    I have an image online if you want the link to restore your TiVoHD with WinMFS.
    Have swapped drives and the TiVo boots but comes up with the "hardware failure" message that, according to the MFS help page, occurs when you swap drives. So looks like it is a corrupt image or failed drive. However its working and receives a signal but epg and recorded shows are not accessable.
    Your image would be helpful as it will no doubt remove the hardware failure message.

I believe you will get the same message if you use my image, but that is normal, and it sorts itself out eventually. Apparently you get hardware error #51 with a mismatched drive, and it takes about 15 minutes to boot the first time.
    Here's the image anyway (use WinMFS version g) https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1X...nU5SmxWZV9SMTg

At least it is only the drive that has failed (or been corrupted) since that's the easiest thing to diagnose and fix.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Thanks John,

Great to hear from you again, once again thanks for your help and keep up the good work!

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if the 160GB Tivo image in this thread would work if I use a 2TB (the smallest one I can buy new) WD drive, it looks like my current 1TB drive has spat the dummy as after running the kickstart 54 SMART hard drive tests I get a Fail 7 result for all tests.

Cheers Jeff

I believe it will. You can "Expand" with WinMFS to ~1.2TB and then use "Supersize" option to 2TB.
    Don't forget to turn off the Intellipark feature on the new drive.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Help needed for putting an image on new drive

Hi, new to the forum, and am having trouble with my 300 GB Tivo disk (i'm in NZ). System grey screened and when I tested the drive it had all but died and I couldn't manage to get the data off in time to a new 1 TB drive. Now I have a blank new disk but don't know what to do. Can someone baby walk me through the process of loading a TIVo image onto the new drive? Any help would be great. Thanks

Basically you plug the new HDD into a spare SATA port on your PC, and use WinMFS v9.3g (in Windows) to 'restore' an image to your new HDD. Then put it in the TiVo, and do a 'clear and delete all'.
    Before removing the new HDD from your PC, you could also run WDIDLE3 to disable intellipark, to avoid having to cycle power on your TiVo when it reboots.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2