Thread: Advice on TiVo 320 units

1. Advice on TiVo 320 units

Hi Guy's,

Its been a while

I'm looking to get a couple of the current TiVo 320 units sent over to the UK.

I presume this is still the latest and only model currently shipped by TiVo in the Australasia region?

Can anyone confirm and give me some advice on the likely costs for these units?
    Preferably looking for working second hand units to keep them as cheap as possible, the only research I've done so far is to check the last units on eBay which seemed to be in the region of $240.

An idea of international shipping rates would be be a bonus too

Thanks in advance!

Even cheaper purchased from New Zealand on Trademe (our 'Ebay'). They are apparently selling for NZ$150 (80 GBP) new in box. They are standard retail NZ$299, on special occasionally for $NZ199, or being given away by Telecom as a bribe to keep broadband customers.
    The 1GB version is likely to be released once the stocks of 320GB units are cleared, and no doubt will be much more expensive.
    Shipping can be accurately calculated here http://www.nzpost.co.nz/sending-internationally/parcels
    I may have time to do this for you, esp if you purchase the TiVos online and have them shipped to me (Bond & Bond or Noel Leeming had free shipping).
    Cheers,
    John

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Just read Peter's response to your duplicate post in OzTiVoHD section. I can bid on Trademe on your behalf if you find the auctions and tell me the maximum price. Then again you might be able to 'live' at my address, although the verification with a UK credit card may not work.
    I think you probably have my gmail address from previous correspondance, or just pull it off your AltEPG forum

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Looks like TiVoHD is even cheaper at Noel Leeming this week, and 3 month warranty is no problem if I'm to post them to the UK anyway.
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp...ge_no=9#642537

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

5. Hi John,

Yes, apologies for the double post, but it seemed suitable since units are available from both countries and I figured it was possible some people might only frequent their appropriate sub-forum.

I checked that thread out, not sure if anyone has managed to buy a refurb unit yet for $99 but if that comes off, it would be great!

I would gladly transfer funds over to you right away, In fact at $99 (+ shipping costs of course), I would like to get at least 3 units shipped over!

I can transfer the funds immediately via PayPal, I will of-course add on the relevant amount for fee's so your not out of pocket and probably a little extra for your trouble ;-)

Kind Regards
    Dave.

Unfortunately they only appear to be available in Auckland (Mt Wellington), but I don't live there. Trademe will be your cheapest option.
    my email address is my christian name dot surname at gmail

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

For reference, to calculate shipping on a New Zealand TiVoHD 320GB;
    Packaging dimensions 47 x 39.5 x 18 cm
    Weights
    Unit (with HDD) 3.95 kg
    cables (power, component, A/V, RF) 0.48 kg
    documents 0.14 kg
    wireless adaptor (and USB cable) 0.13 kg
    remote (no batteries) 0.12 kg
    packaging 1.30 kg

Total: 6.12 kg