Thread: Sky Coverage of Olympics

Sky Coverage of Olympics

dumb question..

Can sky not cover the Olympics or something?? LMAO. Come to think of it, one channel (TV1) to cover all of the Olympics? C'mon that is bs...

TVNZ's brilliant msg below...

--------------------
    With the New Zealanders top of mind, TVNZ will showcase the best action at the Olympics.
    But information in the TV Guides and in the schedule below represents whats is on in Athens on a given day - not necessarily what goes on TV.

It is impossible to pre-publicise what will be on TV live because up to 20 events may be on at the same time and it may be necessary to change between events at a moment's notice. Also the success of Kiwi athletes can only be gauged as the Games progress. This makes the schedule a moving feast!

The ONE Sport presenters will be your most accurate information point. Tune in each night to see what the lineup is.

But be assured, our Kiwi viewers are the priority and the coverage will also include all the big favourites, like the 100m sprint final.

Remember don't just watch your favourite event - watch The Olympics!

---------------

TVNZ have possibly tied up all the rights for New Zealand broadcast (my guess) which means other channels cannot show them. Of course I could be wrong.

yes NZ exclusive rights to broadcast but a fraction of the games...
    oh well there was only one sport I wanted to watch

TVNZ have done a poor job to say the least, you never get to see medal ceremonies, because NZ haven't won anything! The commentaries are wrong, the info on the swimming doesn't have piss all info (where's the flags in the lanes - you don't know what you're looking at! They don't even show the even title!) Although I just heard that different countries are responsible for TV coverage of different events, so perhaps who's doing the swimming are dropping the ball.
    Raaah!

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    oh well there was only one sport I wanted to watch
    The ones with the girls bouncing around in skimpy outfits?

TVNZ have the rights for all the Pacific and distribute to Aussie etc. The rights can not go to pay TV. It is on free if you have a big enough dish.