Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No EPG Data

2110 still not working?

I have two TiVo's and I think the older one is set up on 2110 (would explain why a couple of channels are missing including Prime??). That still failed to get EPG at 9:30am today.

Newer one is set up on 2112 and due for update at 4:30pm today so will see if that works.

Is a reboot needed after the call?

David
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 750Gb, Turbonet, Topfield Freeview satellite Tuner
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Wireless, CoShip Freeview satellite tuner

My listings have just downloaded too. Special thanks to whoever fixed it. Back in the good books of my wife

The 2112 machine updated fine. Many thanks to whoever fixed this.

But the 2110 machine seems to have a strange problem. It did actually pull in the EPG when it made the first call after the fix (as evidenced by my ability to see channel information when looking to set up a recording). But the To Do list was not refreshed. When I asked it to record something that appeared to be missing, say News at 6:00pm on TV1, it said that this episode isn't being recorded and did I want to record it also? Saying yes, added it to the list correctly. This has actually happened from time to time before (not just when there was a general EPG issue), and it seemed to go away (ie catch up on To Dos) a few days later, as indeed it has now.

If anybody knows what this might be related to, I'd be greatful for ideas to check out. Probably time for a full reimage (not many programs I'd currently lose) and this time choose 2112.

David
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 750Gb, Turbonet, Topfield Freeview satellite Tuner
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Wireless, CoShip Freeview satellite tuner

I also get this error with my Phillips occasionally. When you view upcoming episodes of season passes some are not selected. Even if the settings are to include repeats with no limits on show numbers and the disk has plenty of space. When you ask to record it also there are no errors coming up. Don't recall it occurring on the Thomson. Very rare though so never complained.
    TiVo series 1 UK Thomson, Cachecard, 500GB, Sky Digital
    TiVo series 1 USA Philips, Turbonet, 230GB, Freeview Dish TV

David. Instead of a re-image, try running guided setup and change the postcode to 2112. This may clean up any problems without deleting any saved content.

Ray. Have you tried checking in To Do List>View Recording History for hints as to why a show was not recorded?

Hi, I have no guide data on my Tivo. The last successful attempt was 29/10/11. I've tried re-booting and forcing a daily call but no change. Status shows "Downloading" and then finishes with "Failed. Call Interrupted". Is this likely to be a server issue or something with my setup?
    Tivo Series 1 Philips Unit, CacheCard, 250Gb, Sky Digital

Something your end.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks Peter. I can telnet and ftp to my TiVo, any suggestions what to look for first?

I'd start with having a look at the troubleshooting section of the OzTiVo Wiki.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi Peter, all sorted now. Thanks.