Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speeding up Tivo to PC downloads

Peter

Thanks again for the detailed description of the two transfer methods: On that score - I have tried a download manager (FreeDownloadManager at www.freedownloadmanager.org) and this works perfectly for getting tivo files off TiVo. It supports resume downloads and will cue up as many shows as you like for download and even perform various tasks on completion. Tivo will not allow more than one download at a time, so I had to set the manager to allow only one too. Other than that, pretty easy. Not quite ftp access, but it will do)

I had another go at VideoRedo and it does work well - pretty faultless in terms of speed with which it does things. But I have settled on my download manager and PowerDirector for editing and changing formats where necessary.

RE:Your last statement about using videoredo instead of tivodecode in KMTTG. That is interesting - I suppose you would need a bought version, as opposed to the trial version.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by sgbotha View Post
    I have tried a download manager (FreeDownloadManager at www.freedownloadmanager.org) and this works perfectly for getting tivo files off TiVo. It supports resume downloads and will cue up as many shows as you like for download and even perform various tasks on completion. Tivo will not allow more than one download at a time, so I had to set the manager to allow only one too. Other than that, pretty easy. Not quite ftp access, but it will do)
    Thought I would give that download manager a go. I've only had a quick play, but it does not seem to show the full now playing list or include folders. Do you use folders on you TiVo, did you need to change any setting?

Quote Originally Posted by sgbotha View Post
    RE:Your last statement about using videoredo instead of tivodecode in KMTTG. That is interesting - I suppose you would need a bought version, as opposed to the trial version.
    The setting is in KMTTG in the Videoredo section, it should work with the trial version of videoredo.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!