Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some transfers have been interrupted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Some transfers have been interrupted

I am having trouble transferring files from our network to the Desktop. We have been able to transfer files in the past and I can see the files on both our TiVo's. When we set up a recorded TV program to transfer to the TiVo desktop, it begins to transfer and then stops with this error message "Some transfers have been interrupted". The TiVo desktop is v2.8. We have Trend Micro antivirus and have installed Bonjour. We have added an Imac to our network and added an 8 port fast ethernet switch to accommodate the additional computer. Could this cause the problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It's unlikely. TiVo Desktop is fairly flakey, the usual suggestion to try first is to turn off both TiVo's and the PC Desktop is installed on for a couple of minutes. Then turn the TiVo's back on and the PC 10 minutes later. then see how it goes.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    It's unlikely. TiVo Desktop is fairly flakey, the usual suggestion to try first is to turn off both TiVo's and the PC Desktop is installed on for a couple of minutes. Then turn the TiVo's back on and the PC 10 minutes later. then see how it goes.

Peter.
    Hi Peter, Apologies for the new thread - I am very new to this. Thanks for the advice. I turned everything off and then turned the tivos on and when they had booted up, turned on the PD and Tivo desk top. I can see both Tivos form the desktop and it started to transfer but stopped abouit 10 seconds later 'Some transfers have been interrupted'. Is there a plan B?

Hiya Buxfizz,

(I am new here so I hope people don't mind me responding ?)

As Peter said the TiVo Desktop is very flakey.

I found that I had to buy a long and very ugly Ethernet cable to connect my PC to my TiVo and although I am no longer wireless I have not had a single problem since.
    An added bonus is that the files transfer alot faster now.

Cheers
    Tara

Hi Tara. We were already pre-wired so had to sell the wireless network emitters on eBay. I remember how good it used to be. Perhaps someone out there can help with a solution. Cheers. Busfizz

Ok, lets see if you can download it manually from your TiVo bypassing TiVo Desktop.

First find the IP address of your tivo unit form the networking screen.
    type it into your web browsers address bar, but use this format.

https://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Replace the X's with your IP address.

You should be prompted for a user name and password.

user name is tivo
    password is your MAK.

Once you are into the tivo, you should see a list of recordings displayed.
    there will be two options for downloading these files.
    one is download MPEG-TS the other is download MPEG-PS.

PS and TS are short for Program Stream and Transport Stream.

Generally the PS files are heaps easier to edit and work with.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi Peter, Thanks for getting back to us. The network settings on TiVo state 'IP: Need from DHCP' I dont seem to be able to find a TiVo IP.

ok, that's very odd but could be part of the reason you are having problems.

Set an IP manually and see if works for you.

Peter.

Found the IP addresses eventually. I have 2 tivos and an extender. I can now see some recordings using IE, however when I try to open one, IE message is that 'This download was interrupted'. I have checked my firewall and all the relevant programs (boujour, tivo etc.) have been checked.
    Any ideas?
    Buxfizz.

Ok, seems to be a networking issue on your end, not a TiVo Desktop one.

Can you disable your firewall and antivirus temporarily to see if the direct download is successful.

Peter.