Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some transfers have been interrupted

I disabled the firewall and Trend Micro Platinum antivirus. Again through the hppts 'Tivo download was unsuccessful'. Is there a way to track down the issue with task manager? I have tried to spot a spike when the download begins but I wasn't quick enough to see anything significant.

Buxfizz

Are you getting the same from both TiVo's?

What path does the connetion take from the TiVo's to your PC?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

The unit in the Lounge room has a small file (a few seconds) and that transfers. If I try a regular file (2 Gb) 'Download was interrupted'
    The unit in the bedroom goes straight to 'Server Busy- too many transferrs in progress' without first asking for the user name and password.

The physical path: The Lounge connects to the ADSL 2+ modem router then to the PC - the bedroom unit connects to 'Netgear Fast Ethernet Switch' then to the modem and the PC.
    I appreciate that you are taking this amount of time to help sort this out. Do you like puzzles?
    Buxfizz

Quote Originally Posted by Buxfizz View Post
    Do you like puzzles?
    No...

Can you transfer between the two TiVo's?

Do you have another PC you can try transferring to so we can narrow down the area where the problem lies.

Pete.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Yes. Transfer between TiVo's in both directions works fine. Regarding another PC - I have just transferred a 4 Gb file to my wife's iMac - it took a while but no interruptions! What a relief! Not to look the gift horse in the mouth, but it transferred as a 'doc'. Do you have any idea how to view files transferred to an iMac?

The problem must be my PC running Windows Vista Home Premium. We are nearly at the end of the puzzle. Do you have any idea what may be causing the interruptions?
    Buxfizz.
    Last edited by Buxfizz; 09-06-2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Can't view transferred file

Don't know about Mac, try google. In the meantime you should be able to transfer it to your PC from the Mac change it to .tivo and play it.

As for your PC issues, try the usual suspects. Firewall & AntiVirus.

Good Luck,

Pete.

Pete you are a life saver! Once 'we' narrowed it down, I found a fix at the Trend Micro website. It seems that the problem is the Trend Micro Platinum upgrade. There is a fix at http://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/1058551.aspx
    I have just downloaded a months backlog and my weekend is made!! Thanks for all your support.
    Buxfizz.

HI, I'm back. Just installed Windows 8.1 and when transferring files from Tivo to Tivo Desktop Pro, receive message "Some transfers have been interrupted". The red 'X' says "The system could not find the file specified". I have run through the usual fixes and also contacted Trend Micro about firewall issues. We have tried a number of suggestions and finally tried a transfer with Trend Micro Titanium disabled, but still not fixed. Naturally they say that it cant be a firewall issue. Looking across the threads, it seems that no one else has experienced the problem (other than the February 16, 2014 issue). It worked fine using windows 8 with the only issue being that Windows Media Player was unable to run the Tivo MP2 files.

ok, have you gone through all the suggestions I provided to you previously? can you see the TiVo using the manual method suggested?

I found the IP from Netgear Genie. The address format is XX.XX.X At the authentication required screen https://XX.X.X:443 I used the Tivo, MAK combination and still locked out.