Thread: Add AV input channel to FTA-only lineup.

Add AV input channel to FTA-only lineup.

Is there a way to add an A/V input channel without re-imaging? I only have one S1 TiVo at the moment which is configured for FTA PAL tuner only. I would like to record from VCR for conversion to DVD.

I have a TV tuner card (with AV input) in my PC, but it does not do anywhere near as good a job as a TiVo when it comes to analog to digital conversion.

I seem to recall that there used to be an 'AV Input' channel listed under 'Channels I Receive', even when using an FTA-only postcode. Perhaps the AV channel has been removed from the headend lineup.

I guess I would somehow need to add a second Source ID (with Connector=3) before I could add an AV channel? FTA channels are on the source ID 2274/12.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

You don't need to re-image.

Just rerun Guided Setup and add a second input.

Typically you can use the same postcode as you are now (assuming 02112) although this will not necessairily add an A/V input just set Channels You Receive so that only one channel on the second input is enabled and use this one when you want to record from your VCR.
    Pick a channel that will not have any programming on it that will conflict your FTA content (ie SKY preview).

One point I note , however, is that your signature says that you have a series 1 Sky+Freeview on Dreambox. Presumably this not quite current?
    Last edited by Islander; 02-04-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Duh true! Great idea, thanks! Redid guided setup and added the A/V input as the second source.
    As you pointed out, I don't have a TiVo hooked up to the Dreambox at the moment. Must get another... Signature updated in the mean time.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2