Thread: Channel logo slice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Channel logo slice

anyone want to have a go at one. I tried making channel logos ages ago but had trouble with the palettes. I am sure I had it correct, ie using the existing palettes for each type of image but for some reason could'nt get them to work very well.

would be cool to have a channel logo slice. not sure how you make the slice tho..

another good little activity for someone to do. Not me tho, LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    anyone want to have a go at one. I tried making channel logos ages ago but had trouble with the palettes. I am sure I had it correct, ie using the existing palettes for each type of image but for some reason could'nt get them to work very well.

would be cool to have a channel logo slice. not sure how you make the slice tho..

another good little activity for someone to do. Not me tho, LOL...
    Hi Tim,

I was looking at that last night on TiVo web.. lets you simply browse to a file on your desktop and upload it to a specific channel on your TiVo.

I'm keen to have a crack at it, once I've got my TiVo stable

There are about 4 logos on the OzTivo image that are valid for over here.

yeah having the logo's is a nice touch eh. You can probably find some more online and maybe from oztivo. here is a link to some also www.satlogo.com

You'll have to use nzoom and sky to make some tho. I found it really hard to make them look clean tho because alot of images have antialiased edges so trying to make a transparent background for them takes some fiddling.

can anyone confirm what image editors are known to work well for editing these images. I tried paintshop pro and failed horribly (the image didn't remap properly to the existing pallete). I am told photoshop works a treat.

I know Jaidev made logos but he had the problem that the colours farked up after a couple of months. weird...

I started playing with this today.

Getting a resonable result with Photoshop, as good as can be expected for low resolution/8 bit.

A freeware app is Irfanview

Does a sweet job! If you don't have the very expensive Adobe Photoshop.

I'm slowly making a nice local flava set
    Last edited by deanm; 04-05-2004 at 10:19 AM.